Search for content in message boards

Commons, Dun, Keefe, of Clonmel 1835

Commons, Dun, Keefe, of Clonmel 1835

Posted: 17 Oct 2001 4:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Nov 2004 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: Commons, Dun, Keefe, Manning, Chapman
John Commons married Alice Dunn, the family is from area six miles from Clonmel,Kilkenny. Is there a parish Bella Dine by River Suir in Kilkenny or Tipperary? Children are Joanna ( born 17Mar1835), Mary who married John Keefe,Ellen (married a Mayo), Ann (married a Chapman), Edward, Joan and two other boys(who died in Ireland).
Alice and John Commons died in Kilkenny before their children left for america. Mary and John Keefe settled in Provincetown, MA. Ann, Ellen, Joanna and Joan all moved to America.
Joanna Commons married Richard Henry Chapman and their first child Isalinda Juliannia was born on 07Jan1858 in Provincetown, MA. There is a cousin in Ireland named Manning who taught music at the University of Dublin, Trinity College.
Would be happy to recieve any information.

Re: Commons, Dun, Keefe, of Clonmel 1835

dcorbett (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2002 11:54AM GMT
Just to inform you that the parish you ask about is Ballydine (Bella Dine) between the village of Kilsheelhan and Carrick-on-Suir, County Tipperary. There is an old cemetery. Afraid that is all the help I can be.
Regards,
David.

Posted: 26 Jan 2010 3:45AM GMT
Surnames: Keefe
Hi
wondering if you are still researching Keefe family.
I'm researching a Winifred Keefe married to Michael Hogan and living in ? Ballysheedy, Tippeary.
2 sons, Patrick and Matthew immigrated to Australia about 1860s.
Would be grateful of any direction I could take to find Irish records.
Mary Higgins

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 1:50AM GMT
Surnames: Chapman, Mayo
Richard Henry Chapman was my great grandfather. I have a fairly complete genealogy for the Chapmans in America, generated by one of Richard's children. Richard's brother, Lewis Chapman, married "Anastasia" (?Ann) and a John Mayo married Ellen Commons. Any particular interest?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic