Search for content in message boards

TAYLOR Surname in south Georgia or north Florida

TAYLOR Surname in south Georgia or north Florida

Anyta (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2000 10:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Oct 2002 2:58AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor
If there is anyone researching this surname in this area, please contact me personally at anyta@alltel.net

Father born in Georgia, family migrated to Florida - looking for his relatives

Christine Taylor Carr (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2000 2:16PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2002 2:59AM GMT
Hello. My father was born in pinehurst ga. his family migrated to fla. when he was a little boy. we are currentlty
looking for his brothers and other relatives.
please contact me at my email address.

Contact you at e address

Anyta (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2000 6:03PM GMT
Sorry.....I don't have your e address.....mine is anyta@alltel.net
Would love to hear from you.

Taylor Family of Georgia

Angela Taylor Holder (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2000 6:44PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2002 3:00AM GMT
Hello, my name is Angela and I just recently started doing family research. I do know that a lot of the Taylor's I am related to lived in Rabun County, Hall county, Oglethorpe County, and scattered all around to other states. Some of the names are Langston Taylor, Joe Taylor, Duncan Taylor, etc. Most of the information I have received was obtained through e-mail contact based on information given to me by my aunt. If any of this sounds familiar please contact me.

Taylor family in North West Florida

Melony Richardson (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2000 10:46PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2002 3:03AM GMT
Hello..I've just started researching my family and I was born Melony Gayle Taylor. my Grandfather was Coston M. Taylor his father was Hilliary Taylor. Any info on them?

Taylor's from Covington Co., Alabama

Joanie Taylor Brown (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2001 3:47AM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2002 3:05AM GMT
Hi Melony! Maybe I can n ow find out something about my grandfather and his family! After my grandfather and his maternal family left, another word was never heard bbut it has always seemed strange that no one ever heard from any of them,especially when there was the 3 of them. My mother was also born and raised in Ala. but she and my father was married in Bonifay Fl.in 1923. The family never went back to Alaabama.So that may be some of the answer to the Yaylor's moved to N.W Fla.My father was really young when his father left and he never could remember his grandmothers name nor the two sisters names: all thathe remembered was hearing that the Taylors were full-blooded Indians from Black Mountain N.C.and at the time that Jim and Lucy was married there was much discrimination because of the "other race" marriage.Little did they know that one day we would be proug to claim that distinction! It was so imbedded in my fathers mind that he never told us the truth until he was about 70 years old! Oh well,that;s part of the story. I would love to talk to you. I am down a fwe miles north of Tampa.In fact'so ccclose that I have a Tampa telephone number. But what ever info you can give ne will be greatly appreciated. Just got a computer for Christmas so I have a LOT to learn but this ancestry bit was the first thing I wanted to accomplish.By the way,my father had one brother and two sisters and they also moved out to N.W.Fla.Will anxiously await an answer. Then we will see where that takes us,but I do hope part of the mystery is solved. Joanie.

Taylor's from Covington Co., Alabama

Posted: 11 Jan 2001 1:03PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2002 3:05AM GMT
Joanie
Give me some names and time line.I am a TAYLOR from Black Mountain,NC. I am looking for long lost family also.
Charlie

Grandfather born in Covington County, Alabama

Melony (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2001 9:06PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2002 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Baggett, Richardson, Suppes
Hi Joanie, I live in Panama City,FL and my e-mail address is Melony8595@aol.com ok..my Grandfather was born 08-11-1914 in Covington County,Alabama. His name was Coston McKinley Taylor his parents were Hillary(Si) Taylor and his Melinda Baggett Taylor they had Coy,Coston,Zale,Lethie,Pearle..not sure on the spellings but will get them for you. My mom just told me that Lee Taylor had a son named Cecil that lived around Bonifay. Lee was Hillary's brother.
My fathers name is Jerry Malone Taylor born 04-12-43 he has two brothers..Ted and Jackie and sisters are Portia ,Beverly(Gail),Betty and my father had two children Kenneth Wayne Taylor 09-01-1964--06-05-83 and Melony Gayle Taylor Richardson 04-22-1966 and I have two daughters Stephanie Nicole Suppes 11-01-1985 and Taylor Brianna Richardson 04-29-1995 I will let you know what I find out from my mom and dad and grandmother...plus I have a old family bible I will look at.Let me know if any of this means anything to you. Melony

taylors in alabama

joyce (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2001 9:27PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2002 3:08AM GMT
I am very interested in your taylors that married native americans, because that is what I am working on now in my own lineage. would you please tell me the names of your native american ancestors? thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Re: TAYLOR Surname in south Georgia or north Florida

Kaye McClain (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2001 9:26PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2002 3:09AM GMT
Most of my family are in Doerun Georgia..My mother is Lola Belle Taylor, daughter of General Clifford and Annie Kate Taylor. I understand there are a lot of them still in Doerun.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions