Search for content in message boards

James J. Dunn

James J. Dunn

Posted: 4 Apr 2004 10:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jul 2004 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: Cook, Dunn
James J. Dunn arrived in St. Tammany Parish in the early 1890's. He had two children with him from a previous marriage, Mamie b. 1888 and Jimmy b. 1892. James came from Ireland born July 4, 1858, supposedly was in Ohio for a while before settling in St. Tammany. About 1895 he married Alice Cook (born 1875 3rd Ward, Orleans Parish, father Jno. Cook, mother Johana Fritz) . James died in 1911. What happened to Jimmy and Mamie? And where exactly was James before settling in St. Tammany? I have information on James and Alice's children but nothing about Jimmy and Mamie.

Re: James J. Dunn

Posted: 30 Jun 2012 2:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
The children were Mamie and Charley who was my cousin's grandfather! I'm pretty sure Mamie eventually married Emile Strain after his first wife died because Alice's obit says she was foster mother of Mrs. Emile Strain of Abita Springs, LA. The 1900 Census says James was born in Ohio as were his parents and Mamie and Charley were born in Louisiana as were their parents. I'm thinking that maybe Mamie and Charley were the children of a relative. My cousin's mom told her that Charles's father's name was also Charles. Also, if James were the children's father, Alice would have been their step-mother.
If you've found anything else since your original post, I hope you'll share!
Leslie Bedron Blankschen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic