Search for content in message boards

Wiley and Lucinda Lofton King Family

Wiley and Lucinda Lofton King Family

Donna Miller (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Is anyone else out there related to Wiley and Lucinda Lofton/Loftin King? I have precious little information on them at the moment. I've collected a tiny bit of info from relatives, but most of my research has been from usgenweb.com, Ancestry.com, and Familysearch.com; and, some, from the University of Southern Mississippi Library in Hattiesburg. What I've collected supports that Wiley King was the son of Wiley King (Sr.) and Patience Peacock.

Wiley was born 29 Mar 1816 in NC and died 10 December 1889. He married Lucinda M. Lofton/Loftin in Lawrence County on 21 January 1838 (Lawrence County, MS Marriage Records Book for 1818-1879 on page 2-248). Lucinda was the daughter of John Loftin and Mary Lively who were married 15 August 1819 in Lawrence County (Lawrence County, MS Marriage Records Book 1, 1818-1828 --- Bondsman: Alexander Stringer, Officiating Officer: Fort Alford, J.P.). Both Wiley and Lucinda are buried in China Grove Cemetery in Walthall County, and their tombstone information is listed in the book, Tombstone Inscriptions of Walthall County, MS which I saw at the USM Library.

Children of Wiley & Lucinda King:

James Washington King (13 Nov 1838, Lawrence Co. - 7 Oct 1924)
+(1) Louise Thornhill
+(2) Delilah Jane Bennett -- m. 30 Jun 1861
+(3) Susan Eliza Bullock Tyner -- m. 29 Jul 1880

Gatherine "Gatz" King (10 Oct 1840 - ) (Have contradictory info here. Have seen info indicating that the name was actually Catherine; and, have seen info indicating that Gatz was male).
+Josiah Stringer -- m. 27 May 1857

Melissa Ann King (8 Apr 1845-27 Feb 1914)
+ Zachariah Taylor (Joe) Daughdrill -- m. 17 Aug 1865, Society Hill, Jefferson Davis County

Hura King

Gussie King

Mayhalie/Mahala "Haley" King (27 Mar 1842, Lawrence Co. - )
+Noah Stringer

Louisa/Lydia King (3 Aug 1847 -30 Jan 1928, Hattiesburg, MS)
+(1)John Mack Hill
+(2)William Thomas Bennett
+(3)Albert Napoleon Bennett

Loutisha King (18 Mar 1850 - 2 Apr 1946)
+Jessie Resiel Pittman -- m. 25 Dec 1870

George Wiley King (1 Mar 1853 - )

Norcissus/Narcissus King (12 May 1856 - 25 Apr 1944)
+Dan J. Pittman -- m. 16 Oct 1872

Elnora/Nora Victoria King (5 Apr 1859 - 1929?)
+(1) Dan Fleet Magee
+(2) James Hollis Fortinberry

Note: Regarding the info I saw at USM Library, the book I saw was called Tombstone Inscriptions of Walthall County, MS. Unfortunately, I have not yet had the chance to visit the China Grove Cemetery, but this book does not indicate that Loftons/Loftins were buried there. It does, however, list James W. King and his wife, Eliza King, as being buried there. According to this book, James King's tombstone lists him as being with Co. A, 22D MS Inf. C.S.A.

I am descended from Melissa A. King and Zachariah Taylor Daughdrill of Jefferson Davis and Lawrence Counties. I'd be happy to trade any information that I have regarding that family with other descendants. Also, I welcome any corrections/additions.

Donna

Re: Wiley and Lucinda Lofton King Family

Posted: 11 Mar 2002 7:09PM GMT
Wiley and Lucinda are buied at China Grove, I visited there this weekend. Gatherine is Catherine, she was my great grandmother. She is buried at Dexter Ms. in the Crystal Springs Baptist cemetery. Hope this helps

Posted: 25 Feb 2009 4:46PM GMT
Corresponded years ago. Before I write and epistle, want to know if this is a good email address.

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 1:21PM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2009 3:01PM GMT
Surnames: Loftin, Lofton; Linder
Hello,

I have quiet a bit on the Loftin/Lofton family and in my files I show a John Loftin born to Ezekiel R. Loftin and Jennie Linder in the year of 1794 probably in Washington Co., GA. Ezekiel was buried in Oakvale, Lawrence County, Mississippi; so we can assume that John, his son, was also there. I have precious little on John other than his name and birth year. If this might be yours, our Loftin's would connect about two generations before this. Be happy to share info if you will email me at aharwellp@hotmail.com

Ann

Posted: 30 Jul 2009 2:04PM GMT
Surnames: KING
Hello,

Wiley and Lucinda were the parents of James Washington King, my Great Grandfather. He had a son, Obed Collins King (married Annie Josephine Chapman)and they had 11 children. My father was the 11th child, Jerry Allen King.

Posted: 8 Jan 2010 11:51PM GMT
Surnames: King
I am the great granddaughter of Zacariah T. King of Sumrall, Lamar County Mississippi, the son of James Washington King and Delilah Jane Bennet, grandson of Wiley King and Lucinda Lofton. My grandmother, Edna King was his youngest daughter. I notice your post is now 10 years old. If you are still searching or have information to share please contact me at susanlasko@comcast.net - I am just beginning my search.

Susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions