Search for content in message boards

hammon(d)(s)-Marion Co, MS

hammon(d)(s)-Marion Co, MS

T. Hammond (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HAMMOND
Marion Co, MS: 1820 Benjamin Hammonds; 1830 Benjamin Hammonds. I am looking for Hammon(d)(s) family information of Marion Co, MS for possible family connection. I am looking for the parents of William Hammonds born about 1809 in MS, married Nancy Jordan and migrated to LA just before 1850. Would appreciate any Hammond family information from this county.
T.Hammond, TX

Re: hammon(d)(s)-Marion Co, MS

Posted: 22 Sep 2001 11:26PM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2002 10:51AM GMT
Surnames: Hammond
This is what I have on the Benjamin and Mary Road Cooper Hammond family from Marion Co., mississipi. Benjamin b. 1784 d. 1853 and Mary b. 1787 d. 1864 buried in Hammond ceme. Their children.
1. BoBo Hammond b. 1808 d. 1845
2. Gordon Hammond b. 1810 d. 1893 married Mary Ann Tyner McDonald
3. Elizabeth (Betsy) Hammond married John H. Webb. Had 10 childreen
4. Jackson Brown Hammond b. 1815 d. 1903
5. Washington Leroy Hammond b.1817
6. Alfred Bracey Hammond that married 1st. Louisa Cagle. He was born Mar 4, 1819. This is my husband's line.
7. Goven Evander Hammond b. 1821 d. 1898 and marr Martha Hobbs
8. William Drake. b. 1823 and married Rachel Youngblood
9. Benjamin Christopher hammond b. 1825 d. 1853
10. Walter New Hammond b. 1827 d. 1887 married Effie Ann Walters McDonald
11. John Hatley Norton Hammond b. 1829 d. 1861 and married Susan F. Reid
12. Marion B. hammond b. 1832 d. 1856
13. Henry Rudelphus Hammond b. 1835 d. 1863

B. Smith (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2001 1:34AM GMT
Thank you for the information. I do have this information. I'd like to know where this information originated and who is responsible for the research. I was surprised to find complete names for the children in that time era. A rare thing. I do believe that my husband backs up to this particular Benjamin Hammond so would like to correspond with the original researcher. Other contacts I've made on this line have this same information but it shared information and not their research and have no documents to prove the connections. Do you know who is the original researcher is? Again, thank you for your response to my query.

Posted: 24 Oct 2001 10:31PM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2001 3:19PM GMT
Surnames: Forrest, Webb
Searching for names of children of Elizabeth Hammond and John H.Webb.
Thanks

Posted: 24 Oct 2001 11:52PM GMT
The children that I have for Elizabeth Hammond and John H. Webb are 1. Walter B. Webb who married an Adkins
2. Tom Webb 3. Lou Webb who married William Bass 4. Courtney A. Webb who married W. J. Jones 5. Johnnie Webb who died as a young child 6, Washington Webb married a Bachlor and was killed in the Civil War and 7. Albert G. Webb who married Nannie H. Regan 8. Mary S. who married 1st. Thomas Edmonson and 2nd Thomas Allen 9. William T. 10. ? died as baby. This was taken from a book The Memoirs of Mississippi.

Posted: 8 Feb 2002 4:19PM GMT
Would you have directions to the Hammond Cemetery or know the condition of it? Is it still used?

Delta

Posted: 8 Feb 2002 7:14PM GMT
The Hammond Cemetery is located about 2 1/2 miles N.W. of Holly Springs Church, N.E. Corner 2-9, T4N, R-12E. This is according to the Hammond book writtten by E.V. Hammond. At the time of writting only 13 graves marked. We were in Marion Co about 15 years ago but never made it to the cemetery.

Delta (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2003 12:23AM GMT
Albert Ellis Hammond was my grandfather. i have some info on the Hammond side from marion Co. I am happy to swap what I have. I have info on both Benjamin and William Hammonds. Do you have any other info that I could use to narrow down my seach.

Delta

William Thomas Allen (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2004 2:07AM GMT
I came across your response to a query concerning the children of Elizabeth Hammond and John Webb. You named one of the daughters Mary S. webb who married 1. Thomas Edmondson and 2. Thomas Allen. Thomas Allen is my great grandfather.I have been trying for a number of years to verify that Thomas Allen was the son of John Allen whose daughter Jane Allen (sister of Thomas Allen?) came to Marion county around 1810-1820 from South Carolina. Are you related to these Allen's and /or provide any help concerning Thomas' ancestors. back to South Carolina. I have records that my Thomas Allen was executor to John Allen's 1847 will which named John's wife Hannah Allen as his heir.

Posted: 1 Mar 2007 4:47AM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: Webb, Hammond
I am a descendant of John Henry Webb and Elizabeth Hammond. My family still has their Family Bible with births marriages, and deaths recorded. I can make digital scans available to interested researchers.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic