Search for content in message boards

Fahey/Fahy Family from Ireland to Louisville, Jeff. Co., Ky, William, Bridget, Patrick, Margaret, Michael, Cecilia, Mary, and Agnes. Also, A John McCue, brother of Patrick Fahy/Fahey.

Fahey/Fahy Family from Ireland to Louisville, Jeff. Co., Ky, William, Bridget, Patrick, Margaret, Michael, Cecilia, Mary, and Agnes. Also, A John McCue, brother of Patrick Fahy/Fahey.

Linda Delahanty-Schrader (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2003 6:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fahey/Fahy, Brothers, Volpert, Rooney, Delahanty.
Fahey's in my line so far:
(Note: In some of the census' I have found, it is also spelled: Fahy)

William Fahey and Bridget Rooney Fahey were from Ireland.
Evidentally Wm. must have died shortly after my GGGFather was born,
because in a 1880 Kentucky Federal Census, it has a John McCue listed with
my GGGFather and GGGM, as Grandpa Patrick's brother, which mean's, Bridget
his mother must have remarried. This John McCue (the brother listed), was born
1861, in Shelby Co., Tennessee. There is also a Bridget McCue living with a Bridget
Fahey in 1890 on Portland Avenue in Louisville, Jefferson Co., Ky.
So, I put my GGGGF William Fahey/Fahy's death about 1858-1859.
Bridget must have married this Mr. McCue (evidentally of Tennessee) around 1860.
Bridget supposedly died in Louisville, Jeff. Co., Ky, although I have not been able to
find out when or where.
My GGGF Patrick Fahey was born in 1855, died in 1929. His wife, Margaret
Brothers Fahey, born in 1858, died in 1926. Both Margaret and Patrick are buried
in Calvary Catholic Cemetery, Newberg Road, Louisville, Jeff. Co., Ky.
They had (what I can find) four children, My GGF, Michael born in 1878, My Great-aunt,
Cecilia Fahey (Cravens), born in 1893 (15 years after my Grandpa Mike Fahey, but I
personally knew Aunt Cecilia, so I know she was Grandpa's sister. She died in 1974.
They had two more girls I know of, Mary born in 1890, and Agnes born in 1896. I can't find
anything on these two aunts. I do remember Aunt Cecilia saying Aggie was never married.
I wish I could remember all she told me.
My Grandfather Mike Fahey married Mary Elizabeth Volpert, daughter of Casper
and Christina (Scharp/Sharp), she was born in Louisville, Ky, as Mike Fahey was.
Supposedly my Grandpa Patrick was born in Louisville, Ky, and Grandma Margaret
Fahey was born in Marietta Ohio. Her Dad's name was Richard Brothers, born in
Ireland. Grandma Mary Volpert Fahey's mother and Dad were born in Germany,
along with her Grandmother on her Mother's side, Sarah Scharp/Sharp.
My great-grandparent's had only one child, my grandmother, Margaret Estelle
Fahey. She married Charles Edward "Carl" Delahanty, son of Edward John
Delahanty, and Catherine "Kitty" Stoll Delahanty. They had two children, my Dad,
Charles James "Jim" Delahanty, and Agnes Marie Delahanty "Mary Agnes".
If anyone has any information that could help me with the Fahey's/Fahy's, I would
appreciate it. I have many Fahey Death Certificates of which I have not put the family's
in Jeff. Co., Ky together yet.
Linda Delahanty-Schrader

Re: Fahey/Fahy Family from Ireland to Louisville, Jeff. Co., Ky, William, Bridget, Patrick, Margaret, Michael, Cecilia, Mary, and Agnes. Also, A John McCue, brother of Patrick Fahy/Fahey.

Posted: 24 May 2003 10:57PM GMT
I had a grandmother named Mary Fahey born in Ireland and lived in Louisville KY, she married Leroy Yeazel Squires and they had 3 sons, John C. Squires, Leroy F, and Stephen all from Louisville KY. Don't know if it's the same Mary your speaking of but sounds like it. Leroy Y Squires was born Oct 30, 1887-9 and died March 6, 1961, my grandmother died in the 60's. If you think their is some connection, please let me know. Thanks Donna (Squires) Coleman

Re: Fahey/Fahy Family from Ireland to Louisville, Jeff. Co., Ky, William, Bridget, Patrick, Margaret, Michael, Cecilia, Mary, and Agnes. Also, A John McCue, brother of Patrick Fahy/Fahey.

Bob Krebs (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2003 3:29PM GMT
Surnames: Fay/Fahey
Where are your Fahey's from? I have similar Fay names, originally from Modeligo, Waterford County. Thomas and James immigrared to southern Ohio in the 1850's.

Thanks,

Bob Krebs

Posted: 26 May 2003 2:12AM GMT
Surnames: FAHEY/Fahy
My Fahy/Fahey family were born in Louisville, Jefferson County, Ky. Patrick born 1855 was born in Jefferson County, his parents were born in Ireland. His wife was born in Marietta, Ohio, Margaret Brothen Fahey,born in 1858, her Dad's name was Richard Brothen and he was born in Ireland. Patrick's Mother was born in Ireland and probably his father, I will hopefully have the answer on his father within two weeks. I had gotten a Death Certificate on my Patrick, but I knew from the beginning it was incorrect, because my Patrick was born in Ky, and he was married. This death certificate had him born in Ireland and Single. The ironic part of this is that both of these Patrick's were stone cutter's and both of them died on November 04, 1929. The Cemetery kept telling me the Patrick and Margaret buried there by a Michael Fahey were members of St. Cecilia Parish in Louisville, lived on St. Xavier Street, and Margaret was from Marietta, Ohio. So, I had the wrong information on my Patricks parents, from a wrong Death Certificate, listing his parents as Bridget Roonery and William Fahey. So, just recently I decided to check the KY Death Index again, only this time entering just Patrick, well low and behold there was a Patrick Faley, dying on Nov. 04, 1929. So, I sent for that D.C. this past Thursday, I am sure this is my Patrick, finally. I just hope it will have the right parent's. I do know by census', his mother was the mother of 4 more children, evidentally remarrying when his father died, and lived with the McCue children until her death. I can't get a D.C. on her, she died in 1896, according to Catholic Cemetery records. KY didn't start keeping constant records until 1911. I haven't found siblings for my Patrick as of yet, although with his mother being 31 when having him, I am almost sure there is some siblings, of the Fahey marriage. She married a Patrick McCue, and had Bridget, John, Thomas and Mary McCue by him. I have some of their D.C.'s and the places they are buried. My Patrick and Margaret Fahey had 8 children, Michael, my GGF, being the oldest, then Margaret, Hannah, Agnes, Frances, Ellen Called Nellie, Marian called Mary, or Mamie, the one I knew and remembered was Cecilia, called Cil. Michael was there only son, born in 1878, Agnes was the baby, born in 1896. All these children were born in Louisville, Jefferson Co., Ky, and all were baptised at St. Cecelia Church, near where they lived on St. Xavier Street.
Nellie married a John Sievers, Michael married Mary Elizabeth Volpert, Hannah married a Charles Seabert, Cecelia married a William Cravens, I have no clue about Agnes, Frances, or Mary.......and I believe Margaret died or married very young. I have Margaret on a 1880 Census, but she is gone on the 1900, in 1900 she would have been 15, so she either died young or she married young. Hope this helps.
Linda

Posted: 26 May 2003 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: Fahey/Fahy
Oh, and Patrick (1855-1929) Fahey's mother's first name was Mary by these census' I found, and if the Thomas J. McCue I have is correct, then her maiden name was Hession. I will know more when I get this new D.C., and will post it then.
Thanks again,
Linda

Posted: 26 May 2003 2:17PM GMT
Thanks for getting back to me, but I'm not sure of any of this, just starting to look into this in the past week. Just saw the name Mary in your message, and the area, Jefferson County Louisville, Ky and thought maybe there was a connection. I don't know alot of the particulars about the Fahey.s other than the info I sent you. It is very interesting and I have found out alot about a uncle of mine that was a war hero in wwll, John Charles Squires who was given the purple heart and now I'm interested in the Fahey's of which Mary was his mother, she married a Leroy Yeazel Squires. Wish you luck with your search.

Sincerely

Donna (Squires) Coleman

Posted: 26 May 2003 2:25PM GMT
I'm not sure other than my grandmother, Mary Fahey Squires came to US from Ireland, not sure what year, married Leroy Yeazel Squires had 4 Children, Stephen, Leroy, John and a daughter who died in a tragic fire as a child in a playhouse in the backyard. They all lived in Jefferson Co, Louisville, KY. Just thought maybe there could be some connection. I haven't did this very long, researching that is and am not sure where to go from here. But thanks for your response. If you look online for John Charles Squires you will see his story of being a war hero and received the purple heart, there is a bronze statue of him downtown louisville done by a sculptor Doyle Glass they have a large website about him. Very wonderful story this would be Mary Fahey's youngest son, my uncle.

Sincerely

Donna (Squires) Coleman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic