Search for content in message boards

William Edward Ketchum of Missouri

William Edward Ketchum of Missouri

Posted: 16 Aug 2003 5:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any information on William Edward Ketchum born in Missouri in 1878, married to Josie Doore. They moved to California and lived in Selma and Fresno. Their children were Clarence, Gladys and Doris. Census indicates William's father was from Illinois.

Re: William Edward Ketchum of Missouri

Posted: 16 Aug 2003 9:03PM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2005 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: KETCHUM SPRADLEY
I believe I have your Wm. Edw. KETCHUM. (I show him born 1876?). His parents were Wm. Christopher KETCHUM (b.1848 Illinois) and Frances TIBBS. His grandparents were Christopher KETCHUM (b.1806 in TN? died 1851 Christian Co., Illinois) and Mary Ann TRAUBER b. 1822, d.1848. This Christopher KETCHUM b. 1806 was son of Edward KETCHUM who was my ancestor.

I show your Wm. Edw. KETCHUM had a brother (Warren) and two sisters (Frances Tibbs KETCHUM and Fannie Bell KETCHUM)

See my web page http://www.hal-pc.org/~berrys for searchable database about this family.

Posted: 17 Aug 2003 1:33PM GMT
According to the 1880 census index, there were only two William Ketchums born in MO two years either side of 1878. Both were born in 1876. One was still in MO but his father was born in Indiana. The other, shown below, appears to be the one referred to by Berry Spradley in his response.

Census Place: Precinct 2, Parker, Texas
Source: FHL Film 1255323 National Archives Film T9-1323 Page 412C
Relation Sex Marr Race Age Birthplace
W.C. KETCHUM Self M M W 31 ILL
Occ: Farmer Fa: --- Mo: ---
Francis KETCHUM Wife F M W 29 VA
Occ: Keeping House Fa: VA Mo: VA
Josephus KETCHUM Son M S W 9 MO
Fa: ILL Mo: VA
Fanny B. KETCHUM Dau F S W 7 MO
Wm.E. KETCHUM Son M S W 4 MO
Warren KETCHUM Son M S W 2 TEX
Austin KETCHUM Nephew M S W 19 ILL
Occ: Works On Farm Fa: ILL Mo: KY
R. MCDONALD Other M S W 19 ILL
Occ: Works On Farm Fa: KY Mo: ---

Posted: 17 Aug 2003 8:50PM GMT
Do you have any more details on Fannie Ketchum? We would like to find out who she married, any children and where she lived. We feel she may be the link to verify we have the right family connection.

Posted: 18 Aug 2003 2:56AM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2005 3:14AM GMT
My information indicates that Fannie Bell KETCHUM married Charles Cortis Snyder. She had at least one child - Ada Bell Snyder. Fannie Bell Ketchum's granddaughter (Ada Ann Kroegar) lives, or at one time did live, on 54th Street-Sacremento,California. No other information.

Posted: 23 Nov 2013 9:15PM GMT
I have basically given up looking for Fannie Ketchum, but browsing the web today, I decided to try once more. There are always new things being posted. Fanny or Fannie is my 3rd Gr. Grandmother, married to Bliss Welch Webb. Her granddaughter Mary Ann Riedel married John Calvin Martin, whose aunt on his mother's side married a William Ketchum. I still haven't proved if they are connected, but they all lived in Fayette County, Iowa at the same time. I have traced most of my family lines back to at least 1500, but as for Fanny, I can't get past 1814!! If anyone has any information, or a source to search, I would be so appreciative. I have been doing this for about 40 years!! the First 30 were done by actual "leg work"...I drove all the way to New York from North Dakota to find the Martin Connection!! The internet has been a REAL GODSEND to doing research!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions