Search for content in message boards

Schmoker

Schmoker

June West (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 1999 1:09PM GMT
Christian Schmocker DOB 10-10-1784
Married to Maria Ammer
They had a son Jakob Schmocker DOB 8-8-1811. All born in or close to Beatenberg, Switzerland...When they came to USA they dropped the second c. Here it is spelled Schmoker. If anyone knows if there was a paper that might have been around back then to see if there was Births or Deaths or marriage announcements, I sure would like e-mail about it. Thanks.

Re: Schmoker

Posted: 3 Jul 2001 2:23AM GMT
Surnames: Schmoker,Schuchert,
I have a great great grandfather Jacob Schmoker,married to Magdeline. Had a son named Joseph Alleysus Schmoker married to Mary Schuchert. Is this the Jacob you are looking for?

Posted: 27 Jan 2003 6:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jan 2003 6:32AM GMT
Hi,
My GGrandmother was Rosina Schmoker b. 21 April 1864 Beatenberg, Bern, Switzerland. She and her family migrated to Olney, Richland Co., Illinois around 1873/74. She was the daughter of Johannes "John" and Rosina (Gafner) Schmocker. Johannes was the son of Johannes. Rosina Gafner was the daughter of Daniel and Elisabeth Gerber. I believe Johannes Schmocker had the following siblings: Magdalena (Schmocker) Zybach, Anna, and Christian. Is this the family you are looking for?

-Helen

Posted: 27 Jan 2003 6:29AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2003 6:32AM GMT
My email has changed to Caro381@comcast.net.

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Schmoker
We have a Christian Schmoker fromthe same area of Switzerland. Had son Henry who married a Mary VonAllman.
Family records indicated they were in Ill before coming to CO. Had a son named John and another Gottlieb.
Posted: 29 Jan 2013 11:06PM GMT
My Great-grandfather was Henrichs Christian Schmoker who was married to Margueritha Zerbucher. He was from Switzerland and came to Olney, Illonois. He had a son Gottlieb Caleb Schmoker. Do you have any information on them as mine is very limited?

Re: Schmokerana von Ale

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 3:36AM GMT
My wife's 1st husband was descendent of Charles Schomoker, son of Henry Schmoker and Mary Fentz, married 19 April 1869 in Rockland Co., Ill. Show a Gottlieb married in 1872 to Elizabeth Scherer and for John, son of Henry & Margaretha Zurbuchen, married to Susana von Almen. Also cert. showing Henry from St Marie, born in Interlaken, Switzerland, married to Mary Ryter. Never able to tie things together.
Charles son was Milo who moved to Colorado. Let us know if this helps or if you have info we could use.

Re: Schmokerana von Ale

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 5:52PM GMT
The info that I have is my great grandfather was Gottlieb Caleb Schmoker married to Elizabeth Schearer either in 1872 or 74. I show that Gottlieb's father was Henrichs Christian Schmoker and his mother was Margueritha Zerbucher. I do not have anymore info on whose Henrichs C Schmoker or Marguertitha Zerbuchers parents were. Do you have the names of the children of Henrichs and Margueritha Schmoker? That would help me also.
Posted: 17 Feb 2013 8:11PM GMT
Christian Schmoker is my great-great-grandfather and his son Gottlieb is my great-grandfather. I would apprieciate any information that you have on them as mine is very limited. If you're so kind as to share your info you can email thru messages on ancestory or contact either me or my sister at jubal@bigbend.net. This is exciting to find someone that has information. Thank you and hope to hear from you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions