Search for content in message boards

Lukowicz, Makowski, Marzynski in Marathon County

Lukowicz, Makowski, Marzynski in Marathon County

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 5:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Dec 2005 4:22PM GMT
Surnames: Lukowicz, Marzynski, Makowski
I am seeking any information on the Lukowicz, Makowski, or Marzynski families that lived in Marathon County beginning in about the 1870s. The Lukowicz family lived in Rietbrock town, and the Makowski lived in Cassel. The Marzynski family also lived in either Cassel or Hull, and may have migrated from Manistee, Michigan, sometime in the late 1870s or 1880s.

Re: Lukowicz, Makowski, Marzynski in Marathon County

Leroy Adamski (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2002 7:14AM GMT
Surnames: Adamski, Joswiak, Wenzel
My aunt was married to John Marzynski. They lived near the Sacred Heart Church in Cassel.

Tell me about the migration from Manistee, Mich.
Do you know the Town or area that they came from in Poland?

Posted: 6 Dec 2002 1:53PM GMT
Surnames: Marzynski, Lukowicz
Was your aunt married to John Marzynski (1880-1964)? Was her name Sophie? I have a record of them from my cemetery walkthrough in Cassel two weeks ago. It appears that they had at least two sons Leo and Stanley.

I am descendend from Frances Marzynski, who would be my great great grandmother. She would have been the sister to the John Marzynski listed above. She married Joseph Lukowicz in Cassel in 1894 at Sacred Heart, and moved to Antigo 45 miles to the northeast. There they lived, died, and are buried. I have a record of all of her sisters and brothers that my great aunt recently reviewed.

My only clues on family migration were from the LDS website. Type in Frances Marzynski and you'll see the record showing she was born in "Manister" Michigan, which I think is misspelled for the city of Manisee, which is on the Lake Michigan shoreline roughly opposite Manitowoc, Wisconsin. I have no other information on from where in Poland the Marzynskis may have come.

Posted: 21 Dec 2002 5:18AM GMT
Surnames: Marzynski, Wadinski, Pospychala, Kryshak, Egner
I have a few Marzynski's in my family tree, though more recent. Dominic Marzynski (b.1922) married Dolores Wadinski, daughter of Leo Wadinski and Clara Pospychala. Dominic and Dolores have three children, Dale (m.Kathy Kryshak), Diane (m. Michael Egner), and Debra.

Posted: 6 Jan 2003 4:18AM GMT
Surnames: Lukowicz, Makowski, Marzynski
Thanks for the info. I'll make a note of it and hopefully will be able to connect back at some point.

Posted: 22 Jan 2003 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: Lukowicz, Makowski, Marzynski
Jennifer,

I didn't ask you previously regarding the Marzynskis you had in your tree--where did they live exactly? Also have you traced the Marzynskis back at all beyond Dominic (b. 1922 per your notes?)

Posted: 19 Apr 2004 3:17PM GMT
HI ED

I AM RESEARHING THESE SURNAMES. DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE INFORMATION SINCE YOUR LAST POSTING. I AM DOING THIS RESEARCH FOR ROSEMARY WHOSE FATHER WAS STANLEY.

Posted: 20 Apr 2004 3:33AM GMT
It's been a long time since I've worked these names and so not much progress. I'd be happy to share info with you. Can I answer any specific questions for you? Most of my data relates to the late 1800s and early 1900s.

sue kryshak (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2004 10:44AM GMT
Kathy Kryshak is my husband's cousin and I have research on that line. I am happy to share if you are interested. Sue.

Posted: 20 May 2013 4:28PM GMT
My maternal grandmother was Leokadia Marzynski, sister of Frances Marzynski Lukowicz. Would like to know their birthplace and ancestry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic