Search for content in message boards

Dederlein Surname in Mecklenburg or Prussia

Dederlein Surname in Mecklenburg or Prussia

Susan Clark (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2003 6:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dederlein, Hausmann
I am looking for area in Mecklenburg or Prussia that John Dederlein and Wilhelmine Hausmann came from - I think that John's birthplace was Mecklenburg and Wilhelmine's was Prussia - although her mother's birth place may have been Mecklenburg. They would have been born about 1835-1845.

They eventually emmigrated to Adrian, Michigan and then Detroit. Their daughter Alice Louise may have been born in Germany or Adrian. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Dederlein Surname in Mecklenburg or Prussia

Posted: 6 Jan 2003 3:01AM GMT
I have no information on the origin of DEDERLEIN but the following deaths may indicate that Alice had a brother and sister, unless these people are not in your line.

John DEDERLEIN, d 5 Dec 1867 in Ward 1, Adrian City, Lenawee Co. Age 9 months, 30 days, bp Adrian, Lenawee Co.
Cause of death-diptheria.
Father's name, John DEDERLEIN; mother's name: Maria DEDERLEIN
Ledger page 244, Record number 4, Date of record 1 Jul 1868.

Rosa DEDERLEIN, d 10 Dec 1867 in Ward 1, Adrian City, Lenawee Co. Age 3 years 5 months, bp Adrian, Lenawee Co.
Cause of death-croup
Father's name, John DEDERLEIN; mother's name, Maria
DEDERLEIN.
Ledger page 244, Record number 5, Date of record: 1 Jul 1868.

Source: Michigan Death Index, 1867-1897.

Re: Dederlein Surname in Mecklenburg or Prussia

Posted: 23 Aug 2004 5:00PM GMT
Surnames: Döderlein, Doederlein, Doderlein, Døderlein
You may want to try different spellings of the name. My name is Döderlein in German, but would be spelled Doederlein in America. It was often misspelled to Doderlein or Dederlein.

Good luck.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions