Search for content in message boards

Noble Merritt

Noble Merritt

Richard Pardni (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Merritt
Looking for ancestors of Noble Merritt, born in Fair Haven, Vt and taken to Yolo Co. CA in later life by his son, Hiram P. Merritt.
Posted: 29 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2001 12:38PM GMT
Surnames: MERRITT
I think you may have sent your current E-mail address. Keep me up to date on that, as soon as my submission is complete for VERMONT FAMILIES VOL III, I will send you a print out. I have found Michael's descendants for three generations, I will check and see if there is something that I need before this goes to the editor. The Merritt's have been fun! How early did yours go to Yolo County, CA.? I have even traced the wives lines, some to the progenitor when time permitted.!!! My Great GGG Grandfather Michael MERRITT and I share the same birth date, a few hundred years apart! Michelle Townsend AMSBURY

Re: MERRITT

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 7:51PM GMT
Surnames: Bullard, Merritt, Streeter, Slinde
Hi...my GG grandfather was Noble Merritt, grandson of Michael Merritt

My line:

Noble Merritt....m. ?
Mary A. Meritt m. Frank Bullard
Edgar John Bullard m. Florence Streeter
Conrad Hotaling Bullard m. Mary Jean Slinde
Conrad Hotaling Bullard Jr. m. Evelyn Johnson
(me!) Jessica Regina Bullard

do you know who Noble's father was? or his wife's name?

Thanks,

Jessica Bullard

Re: Noble Merritt

Posted: 13 Jan 2007 4:32AM GMT
Surnames: Merritt, Bates
Hi, I know this message is many years old. We are just getting into trying to find our ancestors. We have followed the Bates, we think that Noble Merritt is married to Betsy Bates, we are not sure but we think she might be our great great grandfather Salem Bates sister.I read in here where someone has even followed up on the Merritt wives. please contact me. Beleive that Hiram P.merrit, Nobles son joined our great grandfather to go to yolo county. Ca.
Alvin Bates
Posted: 13 Jan 2007 4:39AM GMT
We beleive our great grandfathers sister, Betsy Bates was married to Noble Merritt. we have not been able to make the tie. I see that you have researched the wifes of the Merrit men. We know that our great grandfather came to Ca. with a cousin named Marritt, whom we beleive was H.P. Merrit. Which we beleive would have been Betsy Bates son. any help would be appreciated.
Posted: 13 Jan 2007 4:40AM GMT
We beleive our great grandfathers sister, Betsy Bates was married to Noble Merritt. we have not been able to make the tie. I see that you have researched the wifes of the Merrit men. We know that our great grandfather came to Ca. with a cousin named Marritt, whom we beleive was H.P. Merrit. Which we beleive would have been Betsy Bates son. any help would be appreciated.
Posted: 13 Jan 2007 7:28AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2007 1:16AM GMT
Hiram Peter Merritt, H.P. Merritt was the son of Noble and Betsey Bates Merritt. Have you looked for an obit for Betsey that might give you her parents names? I have so much packed I probably have more information that I cannot get to. I was looking for Betsey Bates parents for my project, did you make an attempt to secure a copy of the will of Salem Bates. It was Salem Bates wasn't it? Living in close proximity to the merritts in Benson wwas a Hiram bates, Hiram is not a given name used in the Merritt family. Michelle
Posted: 13 Jan 2007 7:39AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2007 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: Merritt, Mallory, Chittenden, Rogers
Peter Merritt Polly Ann Mallory
Michael Merritt Lucy Chittenden
Jacques Mariett Katherine Rogers (daughter of the Mulato and Rogerene Adam Rogers
Posted: 22 Jan 2007 6:14PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
If we could find a marriage license to Noble Merrit and Betsy bates, it surely would tell whom her parents are.All we know is that their son HP merritt was born in Fairhaven, Rutland county, Vt, stayed there till he was about 2 then they moved to Allegany New York. Salem moved to Ca.

Re: Noble Merritt

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 7:16AM GMT
This is a work in progress, and I have a lot more people to add onto the tree, but the Merritts and Bates are definitely related.

http://www.geni.com/share?t=6000000006357600081
per page

Find a board about a specific topic