Search for content in message boards

James, Ethelyn George & Mable Liggett

James, Ethelyn George & Mable Liggett

Posted: 15 Nov 2003 11:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Apr 2006 11:31PM GMT
Surnames: Liggett
Searching for James, Ethelyn, Mable & George Liggett.
I think they are all buried in Jackson County Missouri.
Thank You

Re: James, Ethelyn George & Mable Liggett

David Bush (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2006 12:43AM GMT
Edited: 2 Apr 2006 11:32PM GMT
Surnames: Liggett
James Simpson Liggett Sr. born February 20, 1837 died April 30, 1913 buried May 02, 1913 at Mt. Washington Cemetery, Block 3, Lot 402. This cemetery is located in Jackson County, Independence, Missouri.

James wife (Mary Nancy Ellen Williams) is also buried at Mt. Washington Cemetary

James Simpson Liggett Jr. born June 02, 1869, Belpre Kansas, died January 17, 1940 Kansas City, Missouri, Jackson, buried January 18, 1940 buried Kansas City, Missouri, Memorial Park Cemetary,Section 25 Lot 293

James Simpson Liggett Jr. Wife Ethelyn Pearl Scott born April 1882, Belpre Kansas, Edwards County, died June 16, 1963, Raytown Missouri, buried June 20, 1963 Kansas City, Missouri Memorial Park Cemetary,Section 25 Lot 293

George Nicholas Liggett born July 22, 1880, Levenworth Kansas died September 13, 1969, Fairmont, Missouri buried September 16, 1969, Mount Washington Cemetery, Independence Missouri, Block 15 Lot 465

George Nicholas Liggetts wife was Mabel Scott born March 1880, Hodgeman Kansas died September 12, 1921 buried September 12, 1921, Mount Washington Cemetery, Independence Missouri, Block 15 Lot 465

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 1:20AM GMT
Edited: 2 Apr 2006 11:33PM GMT
Hello David, Boy it sure was nice to here from you. We have talked before. Is Elsie Leta Liggett Gerds still living. I called and talked to her several years ago. I think she was living at 52804 North Everet Road, Benton City, Washington.
I seen where Marion Liggett husband died. I will list his obituary below if you don't have it.
I have found alot of Scott and Brown family information if you would like it. Are all of Ethelyn & Mable children still living?
Darlene

David Bush (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2006 3:49AM GMT
Edited: 2 Apr 2006 11:33PM GMT
Hello Darlene,

I have not talked to Elise is several years myself. Don't know if she is still living. The address you listed is what I have for her.

Yes, I would like to gert Burt's obituary.

I would be intrested in any thing that you may ave come up with as far as Scott and Brown family.

Only Elsie Leta Liggett was te remaining living cild of Ethelyn remaining. Let me know if you find out otherwise.

Mables Scott Liggett descendants--I had talked to George F. Liggett sometime ago. George F. father was Ernell Delbert Liggett. Ernell was Mabel and Georges son.

Mable and Georges Children
Irene Liggett born??? Died?? married ???? Brackenburg
Carrie Liggett born??? Died??? married Frank Walterman
Mildred Liggett Born ??? Died?? married William Clow
Ernell Delbert Liggett born October 31, 1904 died 1982

Do you have any dates for Mable and Georges children and spouse names and dates??

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 7:00AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 2 Apr 2006 11:35PM GMT
His obituary is listed below. Ihave found most of the Scott obituaries and many tombstones. Richard and I went to Jetmore kansas and replaced William Merritt & Julia Bailey Tombstone.
Attached is Phoebe Brown marriage record, daughter of Lillie Scott, sister to Mable & Ethel Lyn Scott Liggett
Darlene

-------
H. Burton "Burt" Plank

H. Burton "Burt" Plank, 78, Independence, died Sunday, Nov. 23, 2003, at Independence Regional Health Center.

Mr. Plank was born Dec. 30, 1924, in Vandergrift, Pa., to Harry C. and Belva Ruth (Burton) Plank, and had lived in the Independence area most of his life. He was an Navy veteran of World War II and Korea. He was a timekeeper for Kansas City Southern Lines Railroad and a member of the First United Methodist Church of Independence.

His survivors include his wife, Marian (Laursen) Plank, of the home; three daughters, Patricia Gerdts, New Castle, Colo., Marsha Plank, Kansas City, and Jana Raw, Kansas City, Kan.; and two grandchildren, Andrew and Caitlin Raw.

Services will be 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Park Lawn Chapel, Kansas City. Burial will be in Green Lawn Cemetery, Kansas City. Friends may call from 6:30 to 8 tonight at the chapel. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests contributions to the church.

Attachments:

Re: James, Ethelyn George & Mable Liggett Look up

David Bush (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2006 2:13AM GMT
Darlene,

Do you have the birth dates/locations for Marion Brown & Lillie May Lulu Scott cildren?

what was Phoebe Brown's first husbands name?
Did Phoebe have any children?

Thank You!

Posted: 31 Mar 2006 6:27AM GMT
Edited: 2 Apr 2006 11:36PM GMT
First husband Carl Wrolson no information on him divorced
then married Theodore. Phoebe never had children.

Theodore Marvin Terlson
Birth December 25, 1907
Death October 05, 1979 Pend Oreille, Washington

married August 25, 1948
Lewiston, Nez Perce County, Idaho

Name: PHOEBE TERLSON
Address: 917 LINDEN AVE
City: LEWISTON
State: ID
Zipcode: 83501
Phone: (208) 746-7280

PHOEBE A TERLSON
SSN: 518-22-5829
Last Residence:83501 Lewiston, Nez Perce, ID
Born: 27 Feb 1907
Last Benefit:
Died: 28 Oct 2001
State (Year) SSN issued: ID (Before 1951 )

PHOEBE ANN TERLSON, 94, LEWIST ... 10/30/2001
Lewiston Tribune
Section: Local/Regional
Date: 10/30/2001
Page: 11A
Keywords: Obituary
Phoebe Ann Terlson, 94, Lewiston

Phoebe Ann Terlson, a retired Lewiston cook, died of Alzheimer's disease
Sunday, Oct. 28, 2001, at Lewiston Care and Rehabilitation Center. She was 94.
She was born Feb. 27, 1907, to Marion and Lillie Mae Bailey Brown at St. John,
Kan. She grew up and attended school at Rock Glen, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Phoebe came to Lewiston in 1931 and worked as at cook at the Majestic Cafe
and Jack's Cafe at Lewiston. She also worked at the Whitefront Cafe at Potlatch
Corp. She and Theodore Terlson were married in the early 1970s. He died in 1979.
Phoebe enjoyed crocheting and reading. She was a member of the Lutheran Church.
Her survivors include numerous nieces and nephews.

Note: She had Alzheimers for the last 10 years of her life.
I remember a cute story that my mother in law told me about when Pheobe was married to her first husband Carl. Carl was a gambler and always gone gambling. Pheobe was complaining to Lillie about Carl. Lillie told her "when you have a boil you just have to sit on it". A few years later and Carl still out gambling Pheobe complained again to Lillie. Lillie told her "I think you have sat on that boil long enough".
Infomation came from Bev Thon.

In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by four brothers,
Herbert, Neil, Harold and Floyd and a sister, Mary.
A family viewing will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Wednesday at Vassar-Rawls
Funeral Home in Lewiston. At her request, no service will be held.
Attachments:

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 9:26AM GMT
I may be able to help alittle on info about Ernell Liggett.He was my grandfather. My mother was his second child. She had one brother and one sister. They are both still living although my mother is deceased. Ernell's wife's name was Flossie Taylor. They had 3 children and 9 grandchildren. 4 by George Liggett, 3 by my mother Virginia Sprenger and 2 by Joann Northcutt. Most of our family lives in the Kansas City/Independence Missouri area.Both of my grandparents are buried in Mt. Washington Cemetery in KC MO. Let me know if you need anything else. email steves@pars.net mine doesn't always get to me. Jody

Posted: 17 Apr 2009 5:24PM GMT
Surnames: Liggett Wilson Gerds
Hello,

I have a lot of photographs, some are named, some not. I put some on my ancestry.com tree Wilson/Liggett/Oylear.
I am the sister-in-law to the granddaughter of Elsie.

Elsie Eleta Liggett (Wilson/Gerds)passed away in about Novermber 2006.

Paula Jean Coe (Wilson) was the daughter of Elsie Eleta Liggett.

The Bellingham Herald Wednesday October 4, 2006

Paula J. Coe, age 66 of Lynden, died at her home on Thursday, September 28, 2006. Memorial funeral services will be conducted on Wed. Oct. 4 at 1 pm in the Open Door Fellowship, 373 West Pole Road.
Born in Kansas City, Missouri on November 13, 1939, Paula was the daughter of Paul and Leta (Liggett) Wilson, She moved to Watcom County in 1968 and lived in Blaine prior to moving to Lynden seven years ago.
A homemaker, Paula was a member of the Open Door 7th Day Adventist Fellowship and enjoyed sewing, crocheting and making wedding cakes.
She was married to Melvin Coe in Benton City, Washington 1978 and he preceded her in 1985.
Mrs. Coe is survived by her children, Shelly Lynn and husband Eric Roberts of Bellingham, Velda Brshears of Blain, Marlene Hoffmann, Darlene and husband Sid Davis of Surrey, BC, Christopher Hyder of Birch Bay and William and wife Suzanne Coe of Racine Wisconsin; her mother Leta Gerds of Benton City, WA.; twelve grandchildren and five great grandchildren; sisters Debbie Newton and Gail horner of Benton City and Karen Teslow of Breen Bay, WI.; brothers Robin Gerds and Michael Gerds of Benton City, Leonard Wilson in Sough Carolina and Ronnie Wilson of Kansas City and other relatives.
Memorials may be made to the American Diabetes Assn.

Posted: 17 Apr 2009 5:59PM GMT
iF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND ME THE PICTURES YOUR HAVING TROUBLE WITH i MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU. i HAVE RESERCH THE FAMILY FOR 40 YEARS.
DARLENE
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions