Search for content in message boards

Is there a way to rearrange photos? If not, can it be done?

Is there a way to rearrange photos? If not, can it be done?

Posted: 16 Feb 2009 12:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Some of the entries in my tree have numerous photos and document images. I find that it would be much better if the images could be rearranged. Right now, it seems that if I want to rearrange a person's photos I have to delete them and re-upload them in the order I want. Surely there should be a better way.

Re: Is there a way to rearrange photos? If not, can it be done?

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 5:25PM GMT
I haven't done this in awhile, but it goes something like this: GO TO THE INDIVIDUAL with the photos, and go into their photos. Click on the photo and them remove the individual from the photo by clicking the redX. The photo will remain in in your photos pool for your tree, but you will get a prompt to attach it to another person. You then attach it to the same person. The hardest thing is getting the sequencing correct. Once you get the hang of it you will figure out which photos you need to do this for and which can remain untouched.

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 5:45PM GMT
Thanks for the advice. :)

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 5:22PM GMT
Click on the photo and then on the right side of the screen, click on "edit information" for the photo. On that screen you will see a box labeled "make primary photo for person." Much easier than deleting and adding photos.

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 11:49PM GMT
Don't forget that the most recent posting shows up as the first photo, so if you opt to delete and repost to the profile, do it in the reverse order of what you want to see.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions