Search for content in message boards

4th German United Evangelical Lutheran, St. Peter's Church, Chicago, Ill.

4th German United Evangelical Lutheran, St. Peter's Church, Chicago, Ill.

Posted: 22 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tiemann, Mueller, Miller, Muller, Schmitt, Spitzock, Spitzack
This post was deleted by the author on 6 Feb 2012 5:53AM GMT

Fourth German United Evangelical Lutheran St. Peter's Church

Mary Kathleen Dembinski (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
The church was organized in January of 1864 as St. Peter's German United Evangelical Lutheran Congregation. It stood on the northwest corner of Chicago Avenue and Nobel Street. In 1870, Rev. Gotthilf J. Lambrecht was installed as pastor.
Church records are to be found today at St. Peter's United Church of Christ, 5450 West Diversey Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60639.

Re: Fourth German United Evangelical Lutheran St. Peter's Church

Posted: 24 Dec 2001 6:26PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2001 5:40PM GMT
Is this the same church as St. Peter's German Ev. Lutheran, which stood at 39th and Dearborn in 1881, pastor at the time Franz Lehmann?

patricia schmitt (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2001 4:09PM GMT
My St Peters no longer stands at the NW corner of Chicago Ave & Nobel but I have a picture. Pastor was Gottshilf Lambrecht. I can look in my notes on 1870s Chicago directories for your church.

Posted: 31 Dec 2001 5:43PM GMT
I have a St. Peters at 39th and Dearborn in 1881, but wonder what it is today. Lutheran? Or United Church of Christ? I known the neighbor was cleared by the projects along the Dan Ryan Expressway.

Re: 4th German United Evangelical Lutheran, St. Peter's Church, Chicago, Ill.

Posted: 5 Jan 2002 12:25AM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2002 1:27AM GMT
I too am looking for the German United Evangelical church St Peter's records, Pastor Lambrecht, I was just told it's now St Peters United Church of Christ UCC. Located at 5054 West Diversy Street. phone, 773 2831118.

Posted: 30 Sep 2004 8:42AM GMT

Posted: 14 Oct 2004 2:08AM GMT
Dear Kathleen:
Under your message you wrote where to obtain Records for St. Peter's United Church of Christ. Our family had a preacher there from 1917 to 1958 until he died. We can send you a copy of the obituary of him if you like. I tried to look for the St. Peter's United Church of Christ and could not find it under any website. I was under the impression that this was an old church? Can you tell me? Are you a member? We would love to find some information of him in Chicago, Illinois. Please write back to us at Dobberpuhl@myfamily.com

Posted: 14 Oct 2004 2:15AM GMT
I just read your message and are extremely delighted. We had a pastor that was there for 50 years and then suddenly passed away. His name was Henry E. Lambrecht. He served St. Peter's at two diffferent locations. We were able to find that through the internet just typing his name Henry Lambrecht. Thank you so much for the history too. Can you tell us about the history of St. Peter's. I understand that you have a picture of St. Peter's. We would enjoy seeing it as well as any information you can provide.
Sincerely,
Soerfass-Aschenbach Families
Attachments:

Posted: 14 Oct 2004 3:08AM GMT
Dear Fritz:

I just looked over your website about St. Peter's. Was it originally on Chicago Ave. and Noble? You have Dearborn. We had a pastor, not related to your 1st pastor that preached at St. Peter's for 50 years until he passed away in 1958. His name was Henry lambrecht. he came from Fort Thomas, Ky after serving 5 years at Christ Church there. That is how he met my grandfather Louis who later met and married my grandmother Elvira.
He graduated from the Lane Seminary from Walnut Hills, Ohio, near Cincinnati, Ohio. Do you recall him. How may we find out about more about St. Peter's Church History. I understand you have that wonderful report, but can you tell me where to find more information about our Henry Lambrecht there.
Please write us back.
Sincerely
Soerfass-Aschenbach Families. Henry is from my mother's side. We would love to send you a copy of his obituary typed.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions