Search for content in message boards

Dailey/Stevens

Dailey/Stevens

Sandy Ertel (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2004 9:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dailey/Stevens
Interested in any information about Elizabeth Stevens & George W Dailey. I have been told that my Great Grandfather was Benjamin & Elmyra (sp).I am having problems with the "time line". I remember when I was small visiting my grandfather's relatives in Athens, so I feel sure that we are related in there somewhere. I am new to working on this quest and would appreciate any assistance.

Thank you
Sandy Ertel

Re: Dailey/Stevens

Debby Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2004 8:24PM GMT
Hi Sandy

Found an obit for a Benjamin Dailey at the library. Here goes:

The funeral of Benjamin Dailey took place from the residence of Theodore Sharp, East Mill St. Saturday afternoon at 3 pm. Burial took place at West State Street Cemetery. The Rev. L.H. Roberts, Athens, pastor of the Pilgrim Holiness Church officiated at the service.

Mr. Daily died at the Sharp residence where he had been rooming. Members of his family are his widow, Mrs. Sylvesta Cripps-Daily, BeBee, Mrs. John Fry, Middleport; Mrs. Charles Hughes, Middleport; Mrs. Homer (can't decipher), BeBee; Mrs. Charles Beech, Middleport;and Archie Dailey, Shade. His mother, two brothers and one sister, also survive.

Feb 13, 1927

George W. Dailey, Lizzie Stevens--marriage date January 21, 1891. However, I can't find any children born to this couple in the birth records of that time period.

Found a Benjamin Dailey married to Alice Sharp, Jan 12, 1878. Also a Benjamin Dailey married to Hannah I. Lewis August 15, 1862. but not to any Elmyra?

Wish I could have been more help. Sorry.

Rita Barnes (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2004 4:02PM GMT
Surnames: Dailey
I am great granddaughter of (Frank ) Dailey from Athens Co.
He was married to Slyvesta Minervia Crippen and had my grandmother Janey Faye Dailey Hughes. I would be glad to share info with you if you are interested.

Sandy Ertel (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2004 7:54PM GMT
Hello Rita,
We are in the right place. Just checking mail right now and on vacation, but would love to correspond with you.
Take care and I will check back with you soon.

Sandy Ertel

Posted: 2 May 2011 9:36PM GMT
Rita
You mentioned Frank Dailey I am from the line of daileys from athens county Ohio. my linage goes thru David Daily and Rachel Winget. please contact me
Chris

Posted: 4 Jan 2012 12:34AM GMT
Benjamin Dailey married Almira
Dec 14, 1853 in Ohio

Chris :)

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 5:28AM GMT
Surnames: Dailey Stevens
I know of seven children born George W Dailey and Elizabeth Stevens Dailey between 1891 and 1913.

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 5:29AM GMT
ps - he was my GG granduncle

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 5:31AM GMT
Was he born in 1928?

Posted: 20 Aug 2013 6:13AM GMT
Surnames: Dailet/Stevens/Moore
Hi, my grandmother was Sylvesta Crippen, she was my dad's mother. She passed away May 27,1958, she is laid to rest at Wyer's Cemetry. I know all the folks you mentioned in this post. Archie Dailey was my Uncle, he helped dad on the farm a lot. We were very close. Even though he was a step brother to my dad you would never know it. Grandmother married Samuel Moore after her and Mr Dailey divorced. I'm the 2nd daughter of 5. My dad's name was Samuel Everett Moore, but he was called Dick or Richard beings his dad's name was Samuel. I remember Aunt Jayne Hughes we use to visit her in Columbus after moving from Middleport. Do you remember Aunt Minnie from The Plains, OH, she had sugar really bad. Her name was Mrs. Homer France, was once in Beebe, OH but moved to Guysville, OH. Please contact me with any info you may have, I've been trying to find out more about dad's side of the family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic