Search for content in message boards

campbells

campbells

Posted: 29 Oct 2004 12:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to find some info on campbells They came from P.E.I. to Bass River,NB.

Frederick Wiiliam Campbell (b)1875 Bass River (d) 1957 Moncton,NB burial: Intervale,NB
(m) Annie Ethel Killam
(b) 1902-1903 Pollett River,NB (d) 1959 Moncton,NB
burial: Intervale,NB

His Father:
Peter Campbell (b)? (d)?
(m) Eliza McDougall
I can only find 2 children
Frederick William (b) 1875
Thomas (b) 1877
I have been told there were more children but there is no listing of any.
I do know that Eliza did remarry and there were children.

His Father:
Duncan Campbell (b) ? (d)?
(m) unknown

Can any one help me please.

Re: campbells

Posted: 9 Nov 2004 11:15PM GMT
i hope this is the same family that you are searching for:

Child: CAMPBELL, ISAAC PETTINGER
Sex: M
Date of Birth: 1879-05-25 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Place: BASS RIVER
County: KENT
Father: CAMPBELL, DUNCAN
Mother: GRAHAM, ANNIE MARIA

Child: CAMPBELL, MARY ELIZABETH
Sex: F
Date of Birth: 1886-03-04 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Mother: GRAHAM, ANNIE

Child: CAMPBELL, LEVA LILIAN
Sex: F
Date of Birth: 1892-02-18 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Mother: GRAHAM, ANNIE

Child: CAMPBELL, WILLIAM ARCHIBALD
Sex: M
Date of Birth: 1893-06-27 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Mother: GRAHAME, ANNIE

Neil Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2004 11:51PM GMT
Peter Campbell was born in 1843 and died around 1881. There were four children of Peter and Eliza: Fred, Thomas, Ester and Margaret. His father Duncan Campbell was born in 1802 and died Dec 24 1888. He married Marion Howell on Feb 6 1823.
I have just started looking up my family of Campbells and i am finding out new things all the time. Hope to hear from you.

nora veinotte (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2004 12:12AM GMT
Thanks Neil,You have been very helpful.
If i can help with your Campbell search let me know,i have lots of them down on paper.
Thanks again.

nora veinotte (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2004 12:14AM GMT
Sorry Annette,these are not the family i'm looking for.
Thanks for the info just the same.

Posted: 22 Nov 2004 3:04AM GMT
There are 2 Campbell lines in the Bass River area, Old Peter Campbell who arrived via Miramichi area around 1825 or possibly earlier and then there were 7 Campbell's who immigrated from PEI around 1840's. Both families are believed to have originated in Scotland and they generally follow the traditional naming practices of In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, both the Scots and the Irish had a frequently used scheme for child naming. The first born male child was normally named after the paternal grandfather; likewise, the first born female child was named after the maternal grandmother. The second borne male child was named after the maternal grandfather and the second borne female child was named after the paternal grandmother. Only with the third born son and daughter, did you use the names of the parents, if those names differed from those of the grandparents.
Kent County Gen Web http://www.rootsweb.com/~nbken/ is a great place to start your search and the Island Register http://www.islandregister.com/gindex.html
good luck!!

Neil Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2004 1:38AM GMT
Hi Nora! What information do you have on the Campbells of Bass River? tks Neil

nora (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2004 11:09PM GMT
Neil,sorry it has taken me awhile to get back to you,been busy.
I have pics of the cemetery in Bass river,but then you can find them in the kent co web site.
I have some of the other cemetery records also.
I also have alot of the births from kent co.
I just thought if you were looking for a Campbell name i might be able to help you.
Hope this helps

Jane (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2005 5:24AM GMT
Hi, Neil,

I am shocked. I don't think I've ever seen anyone who has heard of Marion Howell!!!! I've been asking about her for years.

My records say that Duncan was born in 1804 and married in 1821, but I don't really know anything about those years. How did you get the Feb 6 date??? Do you know anything else about her? I'd about convinced myself that Marion was a ghost.

I come into the line via his daughter Catherine 1842-1895. I'd love to hear about anything you know and will be happy to share what I have.

Posted: 7 Nov 2006 9:25PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Clee
There were 3 brothers who came PEI to Bass River. Peter was the first who came up the river to Bass River. Duncan and John came a little later. There are still Campbell's living in Bass River. One of the brothers had 2 sons - William and John who married 2 sisters - Harriet and Amelia in Bass River on Dec 1835. My grandmother was a decendent of this family. At age 16, she left Bass River as a nanny to a minister and his wife by covered wagon and went to Russell, Manitoba. She later married Henry Clee.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions