Search for content in message boards

T. S. DOYLE

T. S. DOYLE

Kay Shepherd Fleming (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Christy, Doyle, King, Shepherd, McMinn, Gunter
T. S. DOYLE b. 1828 KY married Margaret E. b. 1828 NC. Children: Martha Jane (m. John CHRISTY) b. 1847, Sarah E. b. 1846, James b. 1848 (m. Eliz. McMinn), Rufus H. b. 1849, Benjamin F. b. 1851 (m. Delia McMinn), Nancy A. b. 1854 (m. Claborn GUNTER), Margaret b. 1857 (m. Joe Siah CHRISTY), Andrew J. b. 1857. Not sure what T. S. is, Thomas Samuel perhaps.

Doyle- McMinn

Red Anthony (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McMinn, Anthony, White, Kuykendall, Morris
Listed below are the McMinn women that married Doyles. I have information on the McMinns if you need more.

Red Anthony, Arkansas

BENJAMIN F. DOYLE was born 1851. He married ARDELIA A. MCMINN January 21,
1872 in Yell County, Arkansas, daughter of JAMES MCMINN and SARAH CORN. She
was born May 3, 1851 in Alabama, and died September 13, 1911.

Children of BENJAMIN DOYLE and ARDELIA MCMINN are:
i. ZADA3 DOYLE.
ii. ADA DOYLE.
iii. JOHN DOYLE.
iv. JAMES DOYLE.
v. MARY DOYLE.
vi. MEL DOYLE.

JAMES D. DOYLE was born 1848. He married ELIZA J. MCMINN ,January 14, 1872
in Yell County, Arkansas, daughter of JAMES MCMINN and SARAH CORN. She was
born Abt. 1856 in Yell County, Arkansas.

McMinns of Yell county

Red Anthony (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Anthony, McMinn, Kuykendall
The Elizabeth(Sis)McMinn, who married to James H. Word, do you know her father's name, or when she was born. Maybe we can connect her. thanks, Red Anthony

McMinns

Donna Turner (View posts)
Sorry, "MY MISTAKE"! Samuel T. McMinn was married to Elizabeth Jane Lyon, daughter of James S. and Jane Lyon. The Martha Jane was Samuel T. and Elizabeth's oldest daughter, according to the 1860 Yell Co., census. James S. and Jane are living in the household of Samuel T. in the 1880 Yell Co. census.

McMinns of Yell county

Red Anthony (View posts)
Surnames: Anthony, McMinn, Kuykendall
The McMinns in Yell county came from two different lines. I have tried to connect them, but so far no luck. Samual T. McMinn came to Yell county from Gibson County, Tennessee, but I thought it was after 1860. You have his wife as Martha Jane. I wonder if he had remarried. He married Elizabeth J. Lyon on January 23, 1843, in Gibson County, Tn. She was born in Gibson County abt. 1826. Samual T. was a son of John McMinn,b. 1790, NC, and Mary Polly Howard. John McMinn moved from Lincoln County, North Carolina before 1840, to Gibson County, Tennessee. John's father was Samuel McMinn, b. before 1755, in N.C.
James R. McMinn, b.1802, in N.C., came to Yell county from Marion County, Alabama, about 1855. He had been living there a few years near his brother, Robert McMinn, who was my g.g.grandfather. James R. and Robert were sons of John A. McMinn, b.1776, N.C., and Elizabeth Jane Robinson. John's parents were Robert McMinn, Sr, b.bef 1745, in Ireland or Scotland, and Jane Kuykendall, born abt 1751.

Both of these McMinn lines came from North Carolina, and probably connect, but so far I haven't been able to. If anyone else has something connecting them, I would like to know. Red Anthony Clinton, Arkansas

McMinn

Donna Turner (View posts)
According to the 1860 ell Co., Arkansas census, James R. McMinn and his wife, Sarah Ann(Corn), were from North Carolina. Their first three kids were born there and the next three were born in Alabama. Samuel McMinn was also from North Carolina but his wife, Martha Jane, was from Tennessee. Their first five children were born in Tennessee and their next two kids were born in Arkansas.

McMinn, Elizabeth

Edited: 25 Aug 2001 4:05AM GMT
Elizabeth(Sis)McMinn married to James H. Word in Yell County
Children: William, Claude,Monroe, Laura, Tennessee,Lucy, Sam. We've been told the McMinn family came from Tennessee.any info would be appreciated.

Re: Doyle- McMinn

Jan (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2001 2:42AM GMT
Surnames: McMinn
I'm looking for info on Mary Adeline McMinn born ca 1822 in TN married John Humphreys around 1840. Moved their family to GA around 1850. Thanks!

Red Anthony (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2001 8:01PM GMT
I don't have a Mary Adeline McMinn. I have one possible, all I have on her name is Mary A. McMinn, born abt. 1822, in Hawkins County, Tennessee. She was a daughter of Joseph and
Rebecca Kincastle McMinn. This Joseph, b. 1798, was a nephew of Joseph McMinn who was a Governor of Tennessee, and for whom McMinn County was named. Several of these Hawkins county McMinns later moved to McMinn County. I don't have anything else on this Mary A. McMinn. Do you know where Mary Adeline married in Tn? There was a Chresada ( possible Lucretia) McMinn, born abt. 1824, in Hawkins county, married John J. Parker in 1845, McMinn County, and they moved to Walker County, Georgia about 1852. This Chresada(Lucretia) was a cousin of the Mary A. McMinn. Red Anthony

Jan (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2001 9:22PM GMT
Thank you so much. I think that may be her -same birth year and McMinn is not that common of a name. I'll try to find more in Hawkins Co. TN. I'm thrilled to have something to go off of. Do you have any more information on her dad Joseph b. 1798 or her mom Rebecca Kincastle? THanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic