Search for content in message boards

BATEMAN Washington Co. NC

BATEMAN Washington Co. NC

dee (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BATEMAN, JACKSON, SITTERSON
Lookig for the parents and ancestors of HENRY M. BATEMAN b.1813 Washington Co. NC. He married Elizabeth (unknown). Henry and Elizabeth Bateman had a son, ALEXANDER BATEMAN b.1858; d.between 1900-1910. Alexander Bateman married Martha Winefred Jackson.Alexander and Martha's son was ROBERT LEE BATEMAN who married Anne Elizabeth Sitterson.

Bateman, Jackson

Posted: 19 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2001 1:39AM GMT
Surnames: Bateman
Alexander's father was Harvey M. Bateman (born 3/14/1811 -died 1/24/1892) and not Henry M. Bateman. Harvey is buried in the H. M. Bateman Cemetery, outside of Plymouth in Washington County. I am also trying to determine his parents. Alexander's mother was Elizabeth Waters (born 8/24/1829). Alexander Woodhouse Bateman was born 3/10/1858. He married Martha Jackson 11/19/1879 in Washington County, NC.

I am a descendant of Harvey M. Bateman/Elizabeth Waters through their son Richard Martin Bateman. Please send me any information you have on descendants of Alexander Bateman/Martha Jackson. Also if you need any additional information on Harvey M. Bateman descendants please let me know.

Herb Williams

Re: BATEMAN Washington Co. NC

Posted: 31 Oct 2002 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: JACKSON
Hi, I am researching the Jackson line - specifically the descendants of William H. Jackson and Elizabeth Ann Collins Jackson. They had a daughter, Martha Winefred who married Alexander Bateman. If you can provide me any information about descendants of Alex and Martha I would appreciate it. I have found the descendants of siblings of Martha Winefred. I am a descendant of her brother Louis Edgar and have made contact with descendants of Palcie Jackson Ausborn, Levi Foster Jackson and William Joseph Jackson. We have all begun sharing information and would love to share what we have with you and, hopefully, find out more about Martha Winefred and her children. Look forward to hearing from you.

Judy Jackson Scovronski

Re: BATEMAN Washington Co. NC

Posted: 30 Dec 2003 2:46PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2004 8:45PM GMT
Surnames: Sitterson
I am the primary researcher for the Citizen/Sitterson Family. I do have some information about Robert Lee Bateman. If you will contact me I will be happy to share what I have.

Re: Bateman, Jackson

Posted: 30 Nov 2013 12:49AM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2013 12:50AM GMT
I am a descendant of Oscar Rudolph Bateman, and then Oscar Milton Rudolph from Georgia, I am trying to find any information on why the last name changed or why he moved to Georgia.

Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic