Search for content in message boards

The HUME family in Uk and USA

James Hume - Scotland - 1790s

Posted: 7 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Nov 2002 4:55PM GMT
Surnames: Hume, Martin, Urie
John, I found your RootsWeb Hume message quite interesting. My James Hume is shown on a pedigree chart together with a note: "James Hume, an attorney. This family came from Scotland into Northern Ireland and were Orangemen. Came to U.S. in 1790s or 1800s. Practiced law in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania. John was married [no wife's name given]. They had children: One female, un-named; John; James; Alex; Samuel, born 1814; and Robert."

The chart shows descendants of the son Samuel, but not of any other of James' children.

John, in what "...one small place in Scotland..." does your data show that the Hume families lived? Do you know what part of Northern Ireland they moved to?

-Bill Martin
Denver, Colorado, USA

The HUME family in Uk and USA

john morriss hume (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HUME, CARLTON, WILSTROP, DARLEY, HOLIDAY
wOULD BE INTERESTED IN TALKING TO ANYONE ABOUT THE HUME FAMILY, NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE. I FIND IT FASINATING THAT ALL THESE HUME'S COME FROM ONE SMALL PLACE IN SCOTLAND.

Hume, Nova Scotia, Canada

Nancy Murchy (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hume
My mother is a Hume, daughter of Ronald Edward Hume and Carrie Louise Nickerson and we have been working on her family tree. We can only get to William born abt. 1766 married Sarah ? They had their family in Nova Scotia, Canada. My mother always said their family came from the border between Scotland and England. Now I know it was probably Border Country. I don't know how we fit into the Hume family from over there but we are still working on it. I seen your message and thought I would reply.

HUME Family

John morriss HUME (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Hi, many thanks for your interest
If you e-mail me on John.hume@daimond.co.uk I will try and let you have what information I have, whilst not a lot, I do have some family groups of Hume's which might fit into your branch, I will try and help on anything to do with the HUME family tree,
as the HUME family motto is
TRUE TO THE END
Sincerely
John Hume

Hume Family in Nova Scotia

Robert Hume (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hume
My family, which I suspect is also your family, hails from Nova Scotia. More specifically, the last four generations have found homes in and around the village of Chester, NS.

From the limited information available, it seems as though my family, before leaving for the "New World", lived near the border of Scotland and England also. I think we may a have a connection. I will continue to investigate and let you know what I find.

Joseph Robnett Hume,Ill.

Mae Simon (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hume, Briggs, Lanier, Brown, Perry
I am searching for the Family of Joseph Robnett Hume b.1827 in Illinois. Need to know father and mother, etc.

Re: Hume Family in Nova Scotia

Marie J. Hume (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2001 2:37PM GMT
Surnames: Hume, Zinck, Pulsifer, Eisnor, Kuhn & Hiltz
My father HARRY Robert Hume DOB (03/17/01), Son of Annie (Zink) & Harvy; brothers Clifford Hume, Charles Hume, Sisters Lilliamn & Jessie & Minnie & Edna. Married Susie Ethel (Pulsifer) Eisnor DOB(04.22.04 of Chester Basin & Marriotts Cove. My mother & sisters & brother were brought up by my Aunts Ida & Alice Pulsifer in Marriotte Cove with my uncle AL. PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON EITHER SIDE OF MY FAMILY I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. MY MOTHER'S MOTHER AND FATHER WERE ANNIE & NOBLE EISNOR. HE DIED & IS BURRIED IN NOVA SCOTIA--WHERE MY GRANDMOTHER IS BURRIED I DO NOT KNOW, SHE WAS WORKING IN NEWTON MASSACHUSETTS (AS FAR AS I KNOW) FOR A RICH FAMILY AFTER HER HUSBAND DIED. I AM NOW Marie June (Hume) Joyce AT --- MerzinMA@aol.com --- Please communicate !!

W Stratton (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2004 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: HILTZ
Can you tell me where the name Hiltz fits in your line

Posted: 24 Jan 2005 5:00PM GMT
Robert are you son of Ronald Hume and Carrie Nickerson
.. if so can you supply death dates and children birth dates and what ever you have...with thanks Doug.

Posted: 24 Jan 2005 5:18PM GMT
Robert.. my eMail is doug.nickerson@ns.sympatico.ca
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions