Search for content in message boards

Mt. Olivet cemetery records

Mt. Olivet cemetery records

Posted: 10 May 2010 10:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been searching for a burial at Mt. Olivet in 1897, but my searches have turned up only partial lists. Does the cemetery maintain records that can be searched in person?

Regards,

Pat Coughlin

Re: Mt. Olivet cemetery records

Posted: 10 May 2010 11:23PM GMT
Mount Olivet in Chicago does not have a cemetery office. They do have a kiosk at St. Casimir's west of Mount Olivet on 111th Street that you can do searches on. You can also pull up any burials at any of the Catholic Cemeteries of Chicago at any location that is equipped with a kiosk.

You can find which cemeteries have a kiosk here:

http://www.catholiccemeterieschicago.org/selfServeKiosks.php

I have access to the kiosk daily so please let me know if I can help in any way.

Janice

Posted: 11 May 2010 12:27AM GMT
Hi Janice:

My roots are in the Chicago region, but I now live in Shawnee KS. I have been trying to document that a relative named Peter Cleary is interred at Mt. Olivet Cemetery. If you could make an inquiry at the St. Casimir kiosk for me, I would deeply appreciate it.

Here is what I know about Peter Cleary. He resided in Hammond, IN with his sister and brother-in-law (my grandfather and grandmother). He was born in Ireland on 5 Jul 1866. His reported date of death was 27 Nov 1896 or 1897.

Best regards,

Paddy Coughlin

Posted: 11 May 2010 6:00PM GMT
Paddy,

The only Peter Cleary that comes close, and it's pretty close at that, is buried at Mount Olivet and was interred on November 22, 1896. No age was listed.

I'll be able to get out there this weekend and obtain a photo for you if his grave is marked.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Janice

Posted: 11 May 2010 6:34PM GMT
Janice:

Thank you so much for checking. My bet is that you found the Peter Cleary that I have been looking for.

Paddy

Posted: 15 May 2010 1:05AM GMT
Hello FireGoddess72; I just came across a message where you said you have access to the Catholic Cemetery Kiosks daily. If so, could you check for a couple people for me? I would so very much appreciate it! Just let me know if you can. Thank you.

Posted: 19 May 2010 11:22PM GMT
Paddy,

I have the photo of Peter Cleary. There are two babies on the stone with him. Mary J. Coughlin 1896-1899 and Ann Marie Coughlin 1901-1902.

Please send your email address to me so that I can get these to you.

Janice

Posted: 20 May 2010 7:05PM GMT
Janice:

That's him! Thank you so much for doing this!

My email addre3ss is pcoughlin@kc.rr.com.

Paddy

Posted: 20 May 2010 7:06PM GMT
Janice:

That's him! Thank you so much for doing this!

My email addre3ss is pcoughlin@kc.rr.com.

Paddy

Posted: 21 May 2010 12:20PM GMT
Paddy,

I was happy to do it.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need in the Chicago area.

Take care,
Janice
per page

Find a board about a specific topic