Search for content in message boards

Great Grandfather

Great Grandfather

Posted: 6 Mar 2003 2:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Mar 2003 9:25PM GMT
I am looking for any information of my great-grandfather's unsolved murder back in 1953.

Re: Great Grandfather

Mike (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2003 12:14PM GMT

Mae (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2003 12:41PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2004 12:07AM GMT
Surnames: Carfrey , Campbell
Hi!

Your great grandfather was my uncle. He was murdered in Gladwynne, Pa., while he was driving a taxi. I believe he worked for the Bennet Taxi in Bryn Mawr.

The Lower Merion Police Dept. in Ardmore should have a record of the case.
They never found the person who killed him. Although I do remember talk of a name Cianci????????

Do you still live in the area? Who are your parents?

Edie, Linda and Ralphie were his grandchildren from his daughter Peggy's side. Ralphie died a long while ago.

I believe his son Albert also died.

Your great grandfather's sister died about 5 ?? years ago. She was 94. There were 14 children but none are left now. His brother Harry died not too long ago, too.

Hope this helps you.

HIs first wife's name was Peg. His daughter Peggy and his son Billy are still alive and should know the details of the murder as they are older than I. I was in elementary school at the time. My mother was his sister.

His second wife used to live in Ardmore. I believe they had one daughter.

Posted: 17 Aug 2003 1:50PM GMT
Edited: 28 Sep 2004 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: Carfrey
Dear Peggy,
Sorry that I forgot that Albert had one sister left. Her name is Helen. She has Alziemer's. She is about 77 or 78. She is the last of the 14 children. Was Albert's name Louis or was that his father's name? I know that Albert John Carfrey was my uncle. We called him Uncle Jack.

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2003 5:53PM GMT
Mae: I was surprised to get a response. I'm kind of cofused now. I can remember a man that Dad had called Uncle Jack but I had thopught that he was from Dad's stepmom's side. When you asked if Louis was Alberts name do you mean my father or his father?
Do you have a copy of an obit. of my great-grandfather? Since both my parents have died my sister and I have been wondering how many relatives we have that we never met.
I remeber Aunt Peggy, we stayed with her for maybe 1 year, cause I can remember going to school at Roberts Elem. My name is also Peggy. Dad said I was named after, I think, his grandmother. My real full name is Margaret Elizabeth (Carfrey), Mortensen.

Posted: 20 Aug 2003 6:52PM GMT
Dear Peggy,
I get the feeling that you are Albert's child? I believe he died of lung cancer and lived in Ohio????? Albert was a few years older than I. 65???? I am 60. Albert's dad, my uncle Jack, was married to a woman from Ardmore and they had a daughter. I don't remember their names. I think Uncle Jack's real name was Albert John(Jack) Carfrey. I
think his dad was Albert Louis Carfrey.

All of the Carfrey's buried in the cemetary in Gladwynne are our relatives.

Albert's sister was Peggy and his brother was Billy. His mother was also named Peg. She died of cancer when I was young.

The last time I saw your Aunt Peg was when my dad died. Her children and your Uncle Billy came to the viewing. (1989)

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2003 9:01PM GMT
All this is giving me goosebumps. you can only imagine how long my sister and I have been trying to find conections.
We have tried to go through people that do backgrounds for a living and have still heard nothing, and here I turn on my computer and I find answer to things I have been looking for, for years.

Yes I am Alberts daughter. I have one sister named after, I think, an aunt, not completely sure. Her name is Victoria Elaine Carfrey. My brother is named John Albert Carfrey. I am , I think, named after my grandmother, Margaret Elizabeth Carfrey.
Dad died about 11 years ago here in Iowa of ling cancer.
So how are you related?

Posted: 20 Aug 2003 9:11PM GMT
Dear Peggy,

Your Dad was my first cousin. His dad and my mother were sisters. When I get a chance I will send you more information.

Sadly to tell you but I just found out that my sister. a year older, has a couple months to live so I will be flying home to be with her. She, too, has had non small cell lung cancer for 5 years. It has just spread to her brain. I am so sorry to have to stop writing for now but I will contact you when I get back. Glad I am able to put pieces of your puzzle together.

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2003 10:59PM GMT
Am so sorry to hear of your sister. My dad's also spread to his brain. I will be praying for you and am sending comfort your way. Will be waiting for your retutn. GOD BLESS!

Posted: 20 Aug 2003 11:10PM GMT
Thank you so much for your prayers. I will be flying home this weekend. My husband and I just moved here to Florida (Two weeks ago!). We spent the last year helping my sister. She is only a year older than I.
I was born and raised in Ardmore and was an elementary school teacher for 33 years. I retired 6 years ago .

I just remembered your dad's stepmom's name . It was Barbara.

My email address is reogens@bellsouth.net. Please keep in touch. I work on geneaology for my dad's family and have a little for my mom's. You all are my second cousins.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic