Search for content in message boards

Colonel John Lamb

Colonel John Lamb

Rebecca Graves (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2003 4:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Please find any information you can for me about my ancestor Colonel John Lamb. Born January 1734 or 35 in New York, died May 1800. Spouse Catherine Jardine.
Thanks so much.
Rebecca Graves

Re: Colonel John Lamb

Posted: 24 Apr 2003 5:32PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2004 4:50AM GMT
Dear Rebecca Graves,
Thank you so much for your query.
I found your John Lamb listed in the NSDAR Patriot Index with the following information:
LAMB, John
Birth: NY 1 Jan 1735
Service: NY
Death: NY 31 May 1800
Patriot Pensined: No
Widow Pensioned: No
Children Pensioned: No
Heirs Pensioned: No
Spouse: (1) Catherine Jandine
It is possible to order a record copy of an application filed with NSDAR for Edmund Baker. This would be a copy of an application filed by a descendant of Edmund Baker for admission into NSDAR. A record copy will give you information about the service of the patriot, information about his children, a list of generations down to the applicant, and sources of proof of information supplied. This will be helpful when doing research on a particular person.
Just send your request along with a check in the amount of $10.00 payable to the Treasurer General NSDAR to the following address:
Registrar General, NSDAR
Attn: Record Copy Department
1776 D Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006-5303.
Include the information above with the request. It usually takes about six weeks to get a reply.
Would you, or someone in your family, be interested in joining the Daughters of the American Revolution or the Sons of the American Revolution? If so, I will be glad to refer your name to our Chairman so she can help locate a Chapter. Please send an email to me at mhdill@bellsouth.net if you are interested.
Again, thank you for your query. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to write.
Regards,
Margaret
This is a free lookup service provided by the VIS Volunteers at the DAR Message Board

Post Reply | Mark Unread | Report Abuse Print Message

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 2:51AM GMT
Surnames: Lamb, Richards
Hi Rebecca Graves: My name is Carol Richards Wilcoxen and I have been researching my 4great grandfather, Gen John Lamb (1735-1800) and his wife and children. His son Anthony (1771-1855) was my 3g grandfather; Anthony's daughter, Agnes (1811-1868), married Timothy Pickering Richards (1804-1880) (Timothy Pickering was another Rev. War Soldier) whose son, Eugene Lamb Richards (1838-1912) was my grandfather William Martin Richards (1873-1939). If you would like to share information about your family, I will be happy to do the same. Thanks, Carol

Posted: 17 Apr 2011 5:49PM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2011 1:21AM GMT
Surnames: lamb, richards, treat, bacon, day
carol:

general john lamb
anthony lamb m anges treat (2 wife)
agnes treat lamb m timothy pickering richards
eugene lamb richards m julia lavinia bacon
elizabeth richards m hilbert francis day
elizabeth hilbert day

Posted: 23 Apr 2011 7:47PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2011 3:22AM GMT
Surnames: richards, lamb
carol:

email me at littlehouse@hotmail.com re william martin richards/eugene lamb richards/treat/lamb

hope this reaches you

1ltmwbi

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 12:19AM GMT
I am looking for the children of Colonel John Lamb.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic