Classification: Query

I am searching for EAGLE, SWAIM, SIGLER, PENNY IN ROWAN
CO, NC PLEASE DISREGARD ANY PREVIOU8 MESSAGES FOR THESE
NAMES.

PENNY/GIBSON

Agnes Cloninger (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Have sone Rowan co. Gibson -Penny connections, what period of time are we discussing and which Penny family member? There was a Gibson will that mentioned a Penny connection.

EAGLE

Nelson Page (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
I have a database that includes about 80 people named EAGLE, all descended from George EAGLE of ROWAN COUNTY through his son Solomon EAGLE (14 Jun 1811-13 Apr 1877) who married on 18 Dec 1834 Agnes HODGE (23 Feb 1817-10 Jun 1880). Nelson Page, High Point, NC

Eagle/Swaim/Sigler/Penny

Alan Eagle (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Eagle
I am originally from Rowan Co. Is Solomon Eagle related to Gideon, who would be my grandfather. This is my first query into family history, I don't know the first thing about where any of my ancestors were actually from.

Sigler

Virginia Omer (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
I have a Jacob Sigler born in Germany in 1736, came to USA and married Margaret Holeman in 1765 amd died in Rowan County, NC in 1817. He had 12 children. Does this sound like your ancestors?

Virginia

SOLOMON EAGLE

Nelson Page (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: EAGLE
I do not think GIDEON EAGLE is related to SOLOMON EAGLE (1811-1877) of ROWAN COUNTY, NC, who married Agnes Hodge of ROWAN COUNTY in 1834. Any relationship will be quite distant.

Nelson Page
High Point, NC

Penney, Gibson, Barkley were neighbors

Teddy Barclay Pope (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Penney, Gipson, Barkley
Here is a Gibson Penney connection. Robert Barclay let William Gipson a yeaoman have 500 acres in 1775 that was part of his original land deed, part of 708 acres. In 1762 Robert Barkley let Alexander Penney have 200 acres on the upper track of his 708 acre piece from Granville. If not neighbors, these Penneys, Gibsons and Barkleys were in the same vacinity. The Barkley plantation was on Richards Creek, Jersey land near Jersey Church.

EAGLE/SWAIM

Dickie L.E.Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: EAGLE, SWAIM, FURR
THE PARENTS OF JAMES EAGLE WERE JOSEPH AND CENA FURR EAGLE DO YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON CENA'S PARENTS OR DATES FOR JOSEPH?

Eagle, etal.

Todd A. Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Eagle, Misenheimer
re: Rowan County, NC

My first wife was related to Solomon Eagle. Have you seen the recently published book compiling many of the Eagle families in Rowan and surrounding counties? I do not have a copy, but my ex-mother-in-law does (she is Jessie Bernice Eagle). Would love to share information with you.

Todd in Greensboro, NC

Eagle's in N.C.

LaDonna Collett (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Eagle
By any chance do you have the following name in your database?PHILPENA(ANNA)CATHERN EAGLE.All I know is that she was born @ 1845 in N.C.,she then married an Emanuel Brock @1866 in Mo.Appreciate any help you can give me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions