Search for content in message boards

Tod Addie /Eadie- Kinross Dunfermline Hulltown?

Tod Addie /Eadie- Kinross Dunfermline Hulltown?

Posted: 17 Mar 2002 11:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tod Addie Eadie
Dear Kinross& Addie Researchers,
Hi I am looking for any info with regard to these families.
William Tod or Addie or Eadie was born in abt 1823.

His parents on his death cert were down as George Eadie and Mary Hogg- unable to find marriage & birth as of yet.

William Tod married Mary Russell 1852 Airdrie they had six children- George, Mary, Margaret, Henry,James& Andrew all born Tods or Todd or even Tode.

A revelation took place between 1866&1871 the family name changed to Addie, by 1880 Eadie, by 1881 Todd, by 1884&6 Eadie, by 1891 Eadie.
The only reference I could find to the Addie or Eadie was a Margaret Adie md to George Tod then a Janet Adie md to William Tod- they went on to have a William Tod in 1823 bn in Kinross.
All of the above is just related information to the name change, I was wondering if anyone has the above Adies' in their family as we think that William was born to one of the Addies and was bought up by a Tod family and later found out his mothers maiden name was Addie and decided to use it as the whole family of children took on this name of Addie & Eadie.However this is just a theory.
I am hoping that someone out there may have some answers or a connection.

Thanks for your time and consideration

Regards

Christine McManus

Re: Tod Addie /Eadie- Kinross Dunfermline Hulltown?

Posted: 29 Aug 2002 6:22PM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2005 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: BROWN, DITCHBURN, TRAIL, EADIE/ADDIE, FORBES
I am researching BROWN/DITCHBURN/TRAIL/EADIE/ADDIE of Dunfermline. I have Jean Eadie/Addie marrying David Ditchburn 4/24/1854 in Dunfermline but have not been able to locate information on Jean. David was born in 1831 in Dunfermline so Jean was born sometime around then. Have you found either of these names in your search?

Christine McManus (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2002 1:05AM GMT
Surnames: Tod Addie Eadie
Dawn,

Hi I am sorry I hadn't replied to one of your earlier postings.

I have a little more info to go on now then whats in the last email you replied to-

I have the 1841 census which shows us that our William (Tod) Addie/ Eadie was living with as son- George Tod and Margaret Adie in Dunfermline, it shows he was born in Dunfermline. His parents - George bn in Muckart or Muthill, Perthshire and Margaret Adie his mother born in Kinross, so I think there is a connection with a Janet Adie also born in Kinross and md to a William Tod poss her sister- maybe even a set of sisters marrying a set of brothers and one stayed in the Kinross area and the others moved to Dunfermline. I think I may have the parents of the girls though I still have to do more research.

I am afraid I have no info on a Jean Adie/Addie at the moment- though I am hoping to do a one name sort of study on all of the Adies in Kinross and also in Dunfermline also the Tods from Perth.

At the moment I have family staying so will not be able to do much research.

However I will keep your info on file and definitely get back to you if I find any connections. Thanks for both of your replies

regards

Christine (Brisbane -Australia)

Posted: 21 Apr 2004 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: Adie, Tod
Hi I am Hopeing that you are still interested in the TOD/ADIE enigma!!! I have a further twist!

Helen Tod! Daughter of William Tod and Janet Adie! I know that none of you meantion her but she was born 1823 and married 13.May.1845 to David Drylie, She died in Dunfermline 5.Aug.1867 I know she belongs to William and Janet because of death cert.

I am struggling however because i can't seem to find William and Janet's Cert's ect prob. because of the name changes?
So any help anyone can provide i would be very very gratefull! I am decended from this line through Christine Drylie M. Archibald Beveridge, Helen S. Beveridge M. Alexander E. Paterson, Richard Beveridge Paterson M. Alice May Brunton, Kenneth William Paterson M. Patrica Lesley Paterson, Deborah Paterson (ME)

D x Thanks

Posted: 14 Jun 2005 11:22PM GMT
Edited: 22 Dec 2005 5:39PM GMT
Hoping that you are still interested in this. I have reason to believe that your Jean Eadie ( Adie etc. ) was the daughter of Marion Niven & Thomas Eadie ( Addie ) This Jean was b. c. 1834 and she married a David Ditchburn. I'm sorry that I only have scanty info on them but would like to hear from you on my personal email please. Thanks

Violet
per page

Find a board about a specific topic