Search for content in message boards

liberty bell mine, telluride colorado

liberty bell mine, telluride colorado

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 1:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Andratta, Andreatta Andreatto, Andreotta ,Andrette or Andreitte.
I am looking for lists of miners that worked this mine from about 1890 to early 1900's. In particular I am looking for names that might be spelled Andratta, Andreatta Andreatto, Andreotta ,Andrette or Andreitte. They would be from the Trento, Italy Segonzano area or also Austria. The names may be Giacomo /Jack Andreatta born about 1882, Francesco Giuseppe Andreatta or Giuseppe /Joe Andreatta born about 1885 ,Giovanni /John Andreatta born about 1856 or Erminio /Emilis Andreatta born about 1858 . If anyone knows where any miner lists might be could they please post a note. My uncle talked about an ancestor working in the Liberty Bell Mine near Telluride around those years but unfortunately my Uncle is deceased now and we have not been able to determine which ancestor worked in that area. Thanks a lot

Re: liberty bell mine, telluride colorado

Posted: 17 Aug 2007 7:10PM GMT
Surnames: molino, andreatta, margon, bastiani
Hello, My great-great grandfather is called Leopoldo Andreatta and he went to Brazil in 1895. I also know that he was born on 1880 and is in fact from Trento, Italy. He was married to Maria Margon Andreatta whose parents are Mansueto Margon and Maria Bastiani. Please reply with more information.

Posted: 13 Jan 2009 4:14AM GMT
Hi,I have a name of an Andreatta who arrived in 1906 from Trento and worked at the mine (we think the Tomboy mine). His name Batista and Nona Andreatta with children Irene, Lois, Rosie, and 2 sisters remained in Italy (names). Batista died of influenza 1920. Nona operated a boarding house in Telluride. And they lived very near the "icehouse". An infant, and Batista are buried in Telluride cemetary. Rosie ran a bar in Durango called the Oasis and is buried in Durango. What was your uncles name. contact me at troynolds@hotmail.com

Posted: 6 Apr 2011 3:19AM GMT
My great grandfather, Gus Frost, worked at the Tom Boy Mine in the early 1880s. My grandfather, Richard Michael O'Rourke was at the Tom Boy from 1902 to 1905 but after that date he was working at the Liberty Bell Mine for several years. In the 1920s my father, Don O'Rourke, worked on the motor crew also at the Tom Boy. After high school, in Telluride, I worked for the Telluride Mines and then the Idarado Mining Co. At that time they worked the mines thru the mill level tunnel, in the valley floor.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions