Search for content in message boards

Printing a Wall Chart

Printing a Wall Chart

Posted: 25 Aug 2009 6:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
I want to print a wall chart that shows ALL relatives on one side of my family. I am currently using Legacy 7.0 but that program won't print such a chart. Does anyone know how to make Legacy print a chart that shows ALL relatives on one side of the family or is there another genealogy program that allows this. Thanks

Re: Printing a Wall Chart

Posted: 28 Aug 2009 9:28PM GMT
I don't know other programs, and I can't see that Legacy will produce a chart that contains all relatives on one side of a family where it branches away from the "ancestral line".

A descendants' chart will certainly contain a lot of people if they're in your database! I've generated one just now on a line that goes back 15 generations, and if printed on A4 paper it would be more than 30 pages wide.

If there isn't a chart there that suits your needs, perhaps you can make a suggestion to Legacy to add one? See "Suggest a new feature" in the Support box under the "Legacy Home" tab.

Kind Regards,
Wendy

Posted: 3 Dec 2011 6:11PM GMT
I wondered if you ever found a program that does this?

Posted: 6 Dec 2011 6:38PM GMT
Family Tree Builder (www.myheritage.com) claims to do a version of one - you have to pay if it's more than 250 people, I believe.

Never used it - just also looking for one, and that's one that I came across.

Also, I wrote to "TreeDraw" (add-on for Legacy bu SpanSoft), and while they don't do a simple "all in one", they told me that I can keep importing branches until everyone is represented. Sounds like a bit of a pain to me, but another possible solution.

Posted: 7 Dec 2011 8:55PM GMT
After some more searching, it looks like Family Tree Maker 2012 will do this (they call it an "extended family tree", but it will print everyone in your tree, with all of the generations lining up correctly), although I'm told that it may include an individual multiple times in order to avoid lines crossing.

www.ancestryprinting.com will print it on a single sheet of roll paper - and they'll even design the chart for you from GEDCOM (for a fee) so that you don't have to buy Family Tree Maker.

I have no association with either - just passing along what I find....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions