Search for content in message boards

Carlsdotter

Carlsdotter

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 12:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carlsdotter
Can someone help me find a relative of mine. She seems to be lost, or maybe it is me. Her namne was Maja Stina Carlsdotter and she came to America in 1867-68. She was born 1837, in Askeryd, Sweden.

Can someone help me find her?

Regards
Åsa

Re: Carlsdotter

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 4:10AM GMT
Do you happen to know her exact date of birth?

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 5:48AM GMT
She was born 30/6 1837 in Askeryd, Jönköpingslän,Sweden.
I know that her sister, Mathilda and her husband Frank G Nelson, came to America in 1885, and they live in Moline Illinois. I have tried to find her through them bur no luck!

Åsa

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 5:48AM GMT
She was born 30/6 1837 in Askeryd, Jönköpingslän,Sweden.
I know that her sister, Mathilda and her husband Frank G Nelson, came to America in 1885, and they live in Moline Illinois. I have tried to find her through them bur no luck!

Åsa

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 6:32PM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2012 6:36PM GMT
I found a bunch of stuff about her ..look here
http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?MS_AdvCB=1&gl...;

also contact this person
Contact this member for more information
bertilwistam has chosen to not make this tree publicly viewable. Click the "Contact bertilwistam" button below to contact the tree owner using Ancestry's anonymous Connection Service.

This private tree contains information about:
http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/RequestTreeAccess.aspx?tid=4490...

Maja Stina Carlsdotter
Born: 1853 in Kyrkefalla (R)

You will also find attached to this person
1 sources
1 attached photos
515 people in this member tree

Posted: 1 Sep 2012 12:19AM GMT
I know you were trying to be helpful, but she stated already that her ancestor was born in 1837...

Posted: 1 Sep 2012 12:22AM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2012 1:10AM GMT
Have you found any immigration record? The boats going to England (first leg of the journey to the US) would often state the person's birth or last residence and their destination. Sometimes the destination's information were more than "Boston" or "New York" (as in the port destinations).

Did she have a year old daughter with her named Carlina or Carolina or Caroline?

Where was the last place she lived prior to immigrating?

Who were her parents?

Posted: 1 Sep 2012 6:04AM GMT
Maja Stinas parents were Carl Månsson and Stina Axelsdotter. The last place she lived was in Asby Östergötland, Sweden. I think the place was called Solvarp. Maja Stina gave birth to a boy Anders Johan, 1860, whom she left behind. I don´t know if she hade a daughter, in the Swedish records there is no daughter listed, maybe she was pregnant when she left.
Thank you so much for your help!
Åsa

Posted: 4 Sep 2012 1:51PM GMT
So far, this has been quite the challenge. If you also have ancetry.com (if your out of the State's than the world subscription...), than you can follow some of what I'm doing here. First off, many Scandanavian's of that era switched their surname's when in America, but not necesarily by their own perogative. So, Carlsdotter very well could have been Carlson here. Her given names may have remained the same. Maja Christina (Stina is not a common nick name in the US) Carlsdotter or Carlson or Karlson or Carlsen the most likely uses.

I've found a couple by either Carlsdotter or Carlson, but it's too early to know if she is one and the same as yours.

Ang: Re: Carlsdotter

Posted: 4 Sep 2012 5:32PM GMT
Thank you very very much for helping me out.
I have a subscription in Sweden, Ancestry.se, world de luxe. I know that Maja Stina, also Maria Christina in some records, gave birth to my grandmother´s father, Anders Johan. She was unmarried so it´s likely that she had an other child as well. I spoke to my aunt and she maybe think that could have been the case. I also know that my father´s uncle Emil Anders Andersson came to America in 1906, 16 years of age. He was unmarried and single all his life, that we know of. He lived in Iowa and worked as a "farmboy" after he fought in WW1. I know that he vistited his uncle Castenson. I also know that Maja Stina´s sister Mathilda Carlson/Nelson came to America 1885. Mathilda and her husband lived in Moline, Illinois.

Thank you so much again.
Åsa

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions