Search for content in message boards

Abbreviations on ship passenger list

Abbreviations on ship passenger list

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 1:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Willcox
I would like to know what the abbreviation is DRLeP listed on passenger name list with names crossed out.

Also I am trying to find a passenger that was listed in departures but is not listed as arriving at the port of destination. How do I locate where she may have departed?
Thanks

Re: Abbreviations on ship passenger list

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 3:09AM GMT
Can you let us know the ship manifest (name of person) where you are seeing DRLeP

Names crossed generally indicates they either did not board the ship OR the name was duplicated elsewhere on the manifest

Who is the person listed in departures but not on destination? If she is listed among departures then way don't you know from whence she departed? This part of your message is very confusing.

Robert Jerin
Croatian Heritage Museum
Cleveland Ohio

Re: Abbreviations on ship passenger list

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 4:34AM GMT
Surnames: Willcox, Ashton, Moore
Thank you for your interest.

Re : the departure - I was referring to the passenger possibly departing mid voyage.

The passengers were Charles Willcox and Elizabeth Willcox nee Ashton, 1st marriage Moore.

Charles Willcox is noted on UK Outward passengers and Australia Unassisted immigrant list. Elizabeth Willcox is recorded on UK Outward passengers but not listed on the Australia Unassisted immigrant list.

Some passengers have the DRLeP next to their names and some have been crossed off. I was wondering if this meant that these passengers had departed the ship during the voyage.

I am uncertain of the protocol with ship passenger records and my goggle research did not provide any answers so thought an ancestry member may have the answer.

Attachments:

Re: Abbreviations on ship passenger list UK (port?) to Australia

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 11:10AM GMT
Aha. Sorry I can not help. You may want to be a bit more specific as to name, date and Ports of Depature and Ports of Arrival.

Robert Jerin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions