Search for content in message boards

Crawford

Posted: 14 Feb 2010 10:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
I had my DNA for the Y chromosome and was classified R1a. If anyone else out there with the same classification please contact me. I am African American but my Y chromosome indicates that my ancestrial line on my father's side has a male chromosome where my relatives may have at one time lived in central or south Asia. Looking for others in the R1a group.

DJC

Re: Crawford

Posted: 16 Feb 2010 4:37AM GMT
You are on an Irish county website, were some of your Crawford's from there, it isn't in your DNA profile.

Posted: 16 Feb 2010 11:00PM GMT
Surnames: Crawford
no Irish that I know of. I didn't know that I was on the Irish thread. But, the R1a DNA classification could be found anywhere because of the migration of people. I was told that my R1a y chromosome DNA was South or Central Asia. So I am looking for anyone who's DNA matches. I never knew that I, an African American had African and Asian DNA.

Posted: 17 Feb 2010 12:15AM GMT
If you look on National Geographic they show the population move. Africa first people, then north to Egypt,to the right to India then left into Europe if I remember rightly. We all come from Africa originally. I'm always amazed when archeologist in Britain dig up skeletons and check their teeth to find they came from Asia ( Iran and Turkey area)of the mediterranean, people they really got a lot more than I ever thought trading spices etc.
My husband had his DNA done, I can't remember when but he is on Familytreedna - Code/coad etc. The odd thing with that is the Code families lived 20 miles apart in Ontario and 20 miles apart in Wicklow and no DNA match!!AC

Posted: 17 Feb 2010 12:52AM GMT
Surnames: Crawford
Thank you, this is the first time I've heard the path of migration.

Posted: 27 Feb 2010 2:48AM GMT
Hello, I can't find out who my greatgrandfather's parents were so I had my grandpa do Y DNA testing. It came back with close matches to Crawford, Hill and Swan surnames but his surname was Stinson. His name was Levi Moses Stinson born about 1859. He lived in Illinois, Iowa, and Missouri. He married Sarah Williams who was of Native American ancestry. I only have one picture of him and Sarah. The quality of the photo isn't very good. Sarah looks indian and Levi looks caucasian as far as I can tell. Levi (or my grandpa anyway) is R1a. Is Crawford your Y DNA surname?
Stef Stinson

Posted: 27 Feb 2010 3:15AM GMT
Yes,I am the one with the R1a ancestry. I am African American and I also have native american ancestry on my mother's side. I was told that according to my Y chromosome my ancestor's may have at one time lived in Central or Southern Asia. So, there is more to me than I thought. Is it possible for me to get a copy of the picture. I can in turn give you access to my family tree and the pictures on it.

Posted: 27 Feb 2010 9:16PM GMT
Stef Stinson,

Since your grandfather's DNA is close to mine we may be related. Where are your grandfather's ancester's from. Perhaps we can talk more about this.

Donaflyn Crawford

Posted: 28 Feb 2010 2:05PM GMT
Donaflyn,
The picture is on Levi Moses Stinson's profile here on ancestry, but it might be clearer if I email it. Levi was supposedly born in Illinois somewhere according to the censuses. He lived in Clark Co., Missouri, Hancock Co., Illinois and Lee County, Iowa. All three counties border each other. He was born between 1859 and 1863 according to censuses. He seemed to get a few years younger as the censuses went on. I can't find anyone in the family who ever knew who his parents were or if he even knew them. My grandpa Floyd Stinson was born in 1918 and died when I was 16 in 1985. He was the second to youngest of Levi's children. In the 1930's Levi and Sarah went to live with kids living in Alton, Madison County, Illinois and that is where they both died. I have their death cert.
Levi married 3 times that I know of. All in Clark Co., MO.
Lydia Huff in 1889, Mr. Virginia (Jenny) Glennon in 1891 and finally my Greatgrandma Sarah Louise Williams Jan 1900.
Sarah's parents were: William Henry Williams b. abt 1844 in Il. and Mary Jane Odber born 1850 in West Point, Indiana. I have more on Sarah's family but don't find the indian connection.
Stef Stinson
cupid@lisco.com

Posted: 13 Mar 2010 4:40AM GMT
Hi Stef,
Can you tell me where your great grandfather Levi's ancestor's came from before America according to your families passed down stories? There is a family reunion coming up next year in Washington D.C. I may be sharing my DNA information.

Donaflyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions