Search for content in message boards

Stephen Eubanks land grant

Eubank Spanish land grant

Edgar R Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 29 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Eubank
If you have not done so already, I would suggest that you look in the American State Papers, Public Lands -Florida- for information on this grant. When FLA became a territory a commission was set up to review and verify all claims previuosly made by the Spanish government. I would expect you would find info on verification of the grant there.

Stephen Eubanks land grant

Posted: 29 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 9:13AM GMT
Surnames: Eubanks
I have received a document from the National Archives which is a claim by a Stephen Eubanks, dated 1817, for 325 acres of land along "Trout Creek", a part of the St. Johns River in Florida. The document is verified by Governor Coppinger, that the land is part of a Spanish Land Grant to Eubanks. I would like to correspond with anyone knowing anything about this family or this land grant.

Bob Eubanks
Leesburg, Florida

Stephen Eubank

Posted: 7 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2002 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Eubank, Broward, Wright, Starratt, Blair, Roberts
Bob, I am researching the Eubank family in Duval County, FL. My husband is a descendant of Stephen Eubank and his wife, Lucinda Jackson. They both came to Florida from Virginia shortly after the Revolutionary War. Our Stephen obtained a Spanish Land Grant, dated Feb. 4, 1806. Stephen and Lucinda had a son, Stephen Jackson Eubank b. ca 1743. Could either one of the Stephens be yours? I have information on the family that I would be glad to share. Gena Wright

ROBERTS, EUBANKS,BROWARD,etc

Dick Cardell (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
I am a ROBERTS descendent and have done research on BROWARD, EUBANKS, WRIGHT & other north FL families. My grandmother was Blanche ROBERTS (1894-1966) daughter of William Parker ROBERTS (1865-1947) and Isabelle BRYAN (1871-1900). All three are buried in Duval County.
Dick Cardell

Roberts, Eubanks, Wright, etc.

Posted: 12 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2002 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Roberts, Eubanks, Wright, Starratt
My husband is the grandson of Cordelia Roberts, daughter of Johnathan Knight Roberts and Mary Adeline Alford. Cordelia married Abner Harrison Wright, son of Hinton Wright and Mary Starratt. Hinton Wright was son of Mary Eubank and Thomas T. Wright. Mary Starratt was daughter of Elizabeth M. Gray and Thomas Starratt. The Wrights, Eubanks, and Starratts all lived and died in Duval Co, FL.
Gena Wright

Stephen Eubank

Mary Sue Branaman (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: EUBANK, TUCKER, REDDICK, READOCK, HOWARD, WEEKS, McLEOD, GILL, HIRES, HIERS, LOFTON, COOK
I am a Stephen Eubank/Lucy Jackson descendant. I am also have ties to other Duval County families. I would appreciate exchanging info with other researching these families. Thanks.

Duval County families

Posted: 25 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2001 8:26PM GMT
Surnames: ALFORD, BROWARD, ROBERTS, TUCKER
My e-mail address has changed several times. I hope that those of us interested in the pioneer families of North FL can share information and try to find evidence & proof of family stories. My grandmother was Blanche ROBERTS (m. George Floyd CARDELL 17 Aug 1913 Jacksonville, Duval County, FL)d/o William Parker ROBERTS & Isabelle BRYAN. Wm.P.ROBERTS was the s/o Jonathan Knight ROBERTS & Mary Adeline ALFORD. Jonathan was the s/o Mary KNIGHT & gs/o Elizabeth TUCKER.

Lofton origin?

Posted: 7 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2003 12:32AM GMT
Surnames: Lofton, Cook, Stockton, Jones

We're in Columbia Coumty, just west of Duval County, and can date one ancestor (King Stockton) back to his birth on the Tyson Plantation in Glynn County, GA in 1830 and the others to the late 1800s. With the Lofton Creek over your way, I've often wondered if the Loftons migrated from Duval or Nassau Counties. If you have infomation, please share it.

For us the Lofton - Stockton hookup can be traced to a Lofton and a Stockton marrying sisters. King Stockton III married Louisa Jones in 1877 and Fred Lofton married Permelia Jones in 1879.

Two of the Lofton girls (Maggie and Susie) married Cooks.

Re: Roberts, Eubanks, Wright, etc.

lola virginia roberts (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2001 5:41PM GMT
jonathann knight was my great grand father and mary alford was my great grandmotherthey were married in 1912 ii have vital information for you please e mail me at wstumpjumper@aol.ccom thank you

Re: Stephen Eubank

Posted: 29 Oct 2001 12:21AM GMT
Surnames: EUBANK
I am looking for any information of the Eubank Family Tree.
Dr.Kenneth Eubank, b.1903, d.Feb 1971, Cleveland,Ohio
Dr. Kenneth Eubank was a Podiatrist and his residence
was in Bedford,Ohio, he married Viola Zeigler Eubank,
I dont no the year of marriage , she was a Beautician and
owned her on Beauty Shop at the SCHOFIELD BLDG.
Cleveland, Ohio. b.Sept. 01,1912, Harrisburg, Pa.d.Feb,1977
San Diego,California, she was creamated and her ashes
thrown into a garden. I do no that Dr. Kenneth Eubank had
a daughter, Maryanne. If anyone has any info to share
I would appreciate it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic