Search for content in message boards

James Brittain and Delilah Stringfield

James Brittain and Delilah Stringfield

Posted: 14 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 May 2006 11:46PM GMT
Surnames: Brittain

I am a descendant of James Brittain and Delilah Stringfield who went to Buncombe Co. in the 1780's. They then went to the area that is now Henderson Co. and settled in the Mills River section. A marker in honor of James Brittain is located in the yard of Mills River Presbyterian Church. I would like to hear from anyone working on this family. I have a copy of the book, The Genealogical Study of James Brittain by Shirley Cawyer. James' daughter, Mary, married Thomas Edwards. Their daughter, Narcissus, b Feb. 22, 1813, married John Rees (Reese); their family moved to northeast Alabama in late 1830's.

Brittain

Joyce Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2006 11:47PM GMT
Surnames: Brittain
I can help with your Brittain name.

Re: Brittain

Laura Williams (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2006 11:47PM GMT
Surnames: Brittain, Palmer
Do you know you the parents of Mary Brittain, b. abt 1749 who married Edmund Palmer,who may be from New Jersey, who were the parents of Susannah Palmer who married Garret Deweese of Buncombe county?
Thanks for any help. Laura

Re: James Brittain and Delilah Stringfield

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 3:11AM GMT
Surnames: Britton, Brittain, Breytane, Briton
Col. James Britton is my 7th great grandfather on my dad's side. My dad's mother's mom was Macie Louise Britton (original name was Mae Lizzie Britton until she changed it)...her father was JW Britton who was born to George Almont Britton and so forth.

I know it's been a while, but my email is stephanie.comalander@yahoo.com

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 7:47AM GMT
Surnames: Brittain, Edwards, Cathey, Sorrells
Howdy Steph, James was my 4th great grandfather through his daughter, Amelia. She married Ellis Edwards. They are buried near my birthplace in Haywood County, NC.

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Britton, Briton, Brittain, Breytaine, Breytain, Breton
Wow! It is great to meet you. You wouldn't happen to have any information on Macie Louise Britton, would you? Or know anyone that might?

It is so exciting to see someone from the Britton line that I'm actually related to. See, Macie Britton is my paternal great grandmother. She was my papaw Comalander's first wife, but no one talks about her. I'm guessing the marriage really was horrible for us to never be told about it until recently. My papaw was not the kindest of men, granted he was very hard-working, but not very kind. So, I could see how maybe the first marriage would not work out at all...especially both being so young.

If you have any stories on the Britton side, please don't hesitate to share them. I LOVE family history...otherwise I wouldn't be here. LOL...anyhow, my email is stephanie.comalander at yahoo dot com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions