Search for content in message boards

MYERS, STROBLE, MAYS

MYERS, STROBLE, MAYS

Sarah Patterson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on the family of Henry and Mary Sarah (Stroble) Myers of Venango County. Henry and Mary operated a grist mill in the area and also had 13 children, including my ancestor, Henrietta, who married Thomas Washington (or George?) Mays. Henry, the son of George Myers from Switzerland, was born on August 03, 1761, in Maryland or York Co., PA, and died in Venango Co. Would sincerely appreciate any information on the MYERS family, or on the parents of Mary Sarah STROBLE. Thank you very much.

MYERS, STROBLE< MAYS

PAT ROBERTS (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Sarah, saw your MYERS, STROBLE, MAYS request in VENANGO CO.
My cousin, Bill Gelvin and I are both descended from this
Myers line. I have a copy of the work Bill has done on the "Descendents of Frederick Myers" (Frederick's the grandfather of the Henry you mention). All the names you have listed (Henry, Mary Sarah and Henrietta) are on it.

I have E-mailed Bill and sent him a copy of your request. If you don't hear from him in a couple days, let me know!

Other descendants of Henry Myers

Posted: 8 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2002 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: MYERS, KIESTER
Am searching for info on Richard Myers b.1854-55 in Venango Co. to John b. about 1829 and Jane ? b.about 1833. Richard m. Anna Kiester about 1886, children Irma,Charles, Felix, Dick Jr., Max and John Henry,my husbands father. Thought there might be a connection to your Henry. Richard and family lived in the Oil City-Tidioute area in late 1800's. He wrote a column for the Oil City Derrick around that time. They moved to West Virginia around turn of the century.

Myers

Sarah Patterson (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Hi Carole, Thanks for your post...I checked my Myers records and, unfortunately, right now I can't find a connection to Richard. I will keep my eyes open, though, because there are lots of Myers in Venango and there is likely a good chance that he's in some way related.

Richard Myers

Posted: 20 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2002 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: MYERS
I believe your Richard to be the son of John Myers and Jane Williams of Tidioute. I have Richard b 4 Mar 1856. Entire Myers genealogy available.

Venango Co.-Myers, Irwin, Capwell, Kunselman & Frampton Families

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Irwin, Capwell, Kunselman, Frampton
Dorothy Myers was born in Franklin, Venango Co., Pa on March 13, 1891 to Hosea and Emma Myers. She married Howard Van Lier Capwell who was born Ard Van Lier Kunselman, son of Francis Kunselman and Martha Sara Frampton. They lived in Franklin, Venango Co. until after Howards death in August of 1953. Her brother, Harry M. Myers (known as Hawkeye) was born in Franklin on July 15, 1813 and died there Mar 2, 1940 and is buried in the Sunset Memorial Park. Harry worked for the Highway Department and was a lifelong resident of Franklin. They had sisters Bertha, Nettie L., Alice and a brother named Earl who was b. Franklin, March, 1879?, d. Franklin, July 30, 1926. Do they connect with your Myers family?

Elizabeth & James Mays

Doug Arters (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mays, Arters, Arthur
Am hoping to find the last whereabouts of James & Elizabeth Mays. James died about the year 1874. Presumably, they last lived in Venango County, PA, or in Crawford County, PA. I would also be interested in finding any descendants of these folks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions