Researching Thomas > son John Richard > grandson Charles FINN

Researching Thomas > son John Richard > grandson Charles FINN

Nettie Finn (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2000 4:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Aug 2002 7:30AM GMT
Surnames: Finn
My old e-mail was dfinn9@home.com; my new
e-mail is dfinn@mail.airmail.net. Looking for information on Charles Finn, son of John Richard, son of Thomas Finn. ANY information greatly appreciated.
Nettie F.

Thomas Patrick FINN marr 1) Violet ROGERS 2) Nettie Ann

Posted: 13 Jul 2003 6:01PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2003 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Finn, Rogers
Do you have any information on your Thomas Finn? I also have a Thomas Finn and that is where I am stuck at. My Thomas had the middle name of Patrick. He married Violet Rogers and Nettie Ann. The only two children I know of are Rachael and William, but I am sure there was more, thanks

Angie

Sharing Info re: FINN

Nettie Finn (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2003 7:35PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2003 7:19PM GMT
Angie -- we're in the middle of relocating & when we get "settled in", I'll try to send you my info. We're going from DSL to a dial-up modem so don't know how well it will work. May take me 2 to 3 weeks.

Tks for your reply!
nettie f.

Thomas & Nancy FINN Family: 1860s+ IRL > MO, AR & TX, USA

Posted: 15 Jan 2004 6:28PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2004 7:02PM GMT
Surnames: Finn, Harrison, Coppedge, Jacobs, Gobel, Montgomery, Clark, Marble
new e-mail: dfinn1@comcast.net

Sorry I'm so long in answering! Below is the info we have on our Finns. I'm also "stuck" on ol' Thomas. Below my info is a message I found on the board, maybe you can connect with him. Thanks for your patience & good luck!
Nettie F.

First Generation
----------------------------------------
1. Thomas FINN.
Thomas married Nancy ?.
They had one child: JOHN RICHARD (1863-1949)

Second Generation
2. JOHN RICHARD FINN. Born 5 Jun 1863; died 23 Sep 1949.
JOHN RICHARD married GEORGIA ANN HARRISON,
daughter of JOHN MILTON HARRISON & MARY JANE COPPEDGE, born 12 Nov 1861.
They had the following children:
Gladys. Born circa 1880.
Elsie. Born aft 1880.
Charles Edwin (1888- 1955)
Richard. Born aft 1880.
Infant. Born aft 1880.

Third Generation
3. Charles Edwin FINN. Born 9 Nov 1888, died 9 Mar 1955; buried in St. James, MO.
*Charles Edwin & Lyda (Lydia) JACOBS, born 20 Sep 1891 St. Jo, MO; died Rogers, ARK 29 Sep 1975; daughter of Harmon Franklin JACOBS & Rachel Hestella GOBEL.
* Charles Edwin & Lyda were never married. They had one child: Otis Everett (1910-1997)

Charles Edwin married Mabel Montgomery; born 1 July 1880, died 4 Aug 1955. They had no children.

Fourth Generation
4. Otis Everett FINN. Born 17 Apr 1910 Rogers ARK, died Rogers ARK 12 Jun 1997; buried Rogers, ARK
Otis Everett married Ella Elizabeth CLARK, daughter of Thomas H. CLARK & Mary Frances DUNN. Born 3 Jan 1912 Mt. Judy, AR; died Rogers, ARK 6 Jan 1993.
They had the following children:
David Earl (1937-)
Janice Carolyn (1939-)
Linda Susan

Fifth Generation
5. David Earl FINN. Born 27 Sep 1937 Rogers, ARK
David Earl married Nettie Carolyn MARBLE 10-25-1969.
We have the following children:
Alan Clark, born 8 Jan 1971 Dallas, TX.
Brian Joseph, born 2 Oct 1973 Dallas, TX.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subject: Thomas FINN family: 1800s-1900s Roscommon, IRL
Author: Thomas Finn
Date: 23 Feb 2001 7:54 PM GMT
Email:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am researching my great grandfather, Thomas Finn, and his family who lived in the townland of Tully, Moore parish, County Roscommon. He and his wife ,Anne, had 13 children. My grandfather, John,had 4 brothers and 8 sisters. The family is listed in the 1901 Census. Sons were Thomas, William, Robert, Patrick(died in 1900) and John, my grandfather. Four of the brothers came to the US. Daugthers were Lizzie, Kate, Ellen, Letitia, Sarah, Margaret, Mary, and Hanah. Mary, Hanah, and 1 other sister,UNK, came to the US. Ellen, Kate, and Sarah became Nuns. Need info on Letita, Margaret, and Lizzie. Thomas stayed in Ireland and married Elizabeth(?). He died in 1960 and is buried with his wife Elizabeth(d1963), father Thomas(d1930), mother Anne(d1920), and younger brother Patrick in the same grave. I have a picture of the monument but don't know the location.

FINN: Sorry, No Connection

Angie Case-Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2004 6:59PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2004 7:00PM GMT
Thanks for replying. Unfortunately it looks like there is no connection. Same with the other message you found posted.

I am just having a terrrible time trying to connect my Thomas to Ireland or find his parents names. He was born abt 1836. He had at least 10 children. I believe all born in Canada. He had children that died as children. I have been able to find them, but not the ones that survived childhood, except for my direct lineage and one sister.

Angie

John & Sarah FINN (nee HAGAN): 1850s Lanarkshire, SCT

Posted: 2 Apr 2006 3:47PM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2006 6:01PM GMT
Surnames: Finn, Hagan
Hi Nettie ,
Do you have anything at all concerning a John Finn and wife who was irish name Sarah Hagan, they had at least two sons, john b. 1854 and Patrick b. 1856 John was born in Bothwell and Patrick was born in Airdrie in Lanarkshire.
Thanks Margaret.

Re: Thomas & Nancy FINN Family: 1860s+ IRL > MO, AR & TX, USA

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 3:23AM GMT
Can you please tell me where your finn line begins in terms of the 1800s. Are you any relation to Charles Finn born in Amite Louisiana in 1854.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions