Search for content in message boards

SC Poston's

Posted: 6 May 2002 11:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Aug 2002 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: Poston
To the Poston board:
Recently I had to change internet providers however I do not want to miss out on important Poston information. Please take note of my new email address and let us all continue to search. I am still looking for Poston's of South Carolina. My brick wall is Vicey Poston. Any help would be appreciated. I also notice that many of you have the complete history of the Poston family. I would very much like a copy of it if anybody were so inclined to share.
Please keep in touch
Ginger Hederer

Re: SC Poston's

Dan (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2002 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: Poston, Hanna
Hi, Ginger:
I am trying to find my roots in S.C. Poston. My G,G,Grandmother name is Mary Elizabeth Virginia Poston, she was from Poston or Pamilco S.C. She Married A man from Hanna S.C. his name was Haywood H. Hanna. They had three Chrildren in Florence S.C.. And then moved to Sale-city Georgia, and gave birth to two more Children, also one in Alabama. The last child was born in Florida. It's been hard to uncover this Poston's line I am looking for help. Please check your line for Virginia thank you Dan.

tkx dan fallguy

Posted: 18 Jul 2002 12:07AM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2002 3:04AM GMT
Dan:
I do not have any Mary Elizabeth's in my database but that doesn't mean she may not be there. I have several several female poston's with no names. Maybe she could be one of them. Is there anymore info you can give me such as brothers or sisters parents. Let me know!!! Ginger

Kim Poston (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2002 9:00PM GMT
Hello !!
I am very new at this, so please be patient. My father's name is Morse William Poston, aka Bill . He died when I was five years old. His family is from Winnsboro, S.C.
Any info would be greatly appreciative.
Thank you,
Kim

Posted: 29 Sep 2003 12:32AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2003 11:14PM GMT
Surnames: Poston, Parrott, Perritt, Barnes
Hi Dan,

Have just found your message and hope I can shed some light on your request. According to "A Poston Family of South Carolina" by Erma Poston Landers, Mary Elizabeth Virginia Poston - married to Heyward Hanna was the daughter of Francis (Frank) John Poston. Mother Francis Adaline Cox.

There is a very good record of her family included in this book. It is available for purchase at "The Three Rivers Historical Society". Their address is 414 North Main Street, Hemingway, S. C. 29554.

If I can be of future help to you, please feel free to get in touch with me.

Mary

Dan (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2003 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: Hanna, Poston, Fall, Springer, Clark,
Mary

Thank you for your reply. I haven't heard of this book. Haywood is my great grand father. Again thank you for the information.

tkx dan

Posted: 9 Oct 2003 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: Poston, Parrott, Perrett, Perritt, Prosser, Hurst, Barnes,
Hi Ginger,

It's me again. I have found (once again) in Erms Lander's Book, "A Poston Family of S. C.,"Eli (Ely) Poston on page 98 - Wife Elizabeth. Children: Elizabeth (m) Josiah Carter, Mary (m) Andrew Poston, Margaret (m) James G. Daniels, Levicey, Isaac, Obed, Aaron and Elijah,

On page 158 / 159, it once again lists Eli's family listing her as Vicey, along with other family info.

Once again, for anyone having roots to the early Poston Family of S. C., I highly recommend this book. It is a little difficult to understand at first, but it has invaluable information and leads. Not all are necessarily correct, but it gives you a starting place.

This book can be purchased from "Three Rivers Historical Society" at 414 North Main Street, Hemingway, S. C. 29554
e-mail address: Three_Rivers_Historicas@msn.com

Posted: 9 Oct 2003 5:13PM GMT
Sorry Kim, I find no Morse or William in my files. Maybe if you had a death certiticate, it will give you the name of his parents. If so, that will give us a good lead.
Mary

Posted: 14 Nov 2003 12:15PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2004 3:11PM GMT
Mary

I noticed you must have the book about the Poston line from SC.

I would like to see if you could tell me if there is anything in it about a J. S. Poston born abt 1838 in SC. The J. S. Poston that I am looking for I believe is Symon Jeff Poston and he died abt 1901 in either Jefferson or Washington County GA. I believe that he was married to a Sarah.

Thank you for your time and help.

Posted: 14 Nov 2003 11:55PM GMT
Surnames: Poston, Barnes, Hurst, Parrott, Pettett, Perritt, Laird, Prosser, Rogers, Windham
Hi Melony,

I have a Simon Poston5 (Hugh4, Anthony3, John2, John1), born 24 July 1837, Hannah, S. C. died 20 September, 1912, Prospect, S. C., twin sister Margaret Ann. Married: Sarah Bartell, born 20 August 1844, Salem, S. C.died 13 July, Johnsonville, S. C.

Children:
Philip Simon b. ? m. Nannie Ervin
Cornelia b. 4 February, 1864
Sylvester Briley b. 20 May, 1869
Fenrick b. 3 June, 1871
Margarita Getha b. 3 June , 1871
Selina Ann b. 5 November, 1874
Walter b. 2 February, 1877
Layle b. 17 February, 1879
Gary b. 5 July, 1881
Sarah Olivia b. 5 July, 1881
Albert ?

There is a full chapter (# 16, Page 86) on The Simon Poston Family in the book. Too voluminous to record here. Sincerely suggest the investment in the book, if this is your Simon.
Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic