Search for content in message boards

Isaac Harmon/Harman of Adair Co, Ky

Isaac Harmon/Harman of Adair Co, Ky

Posted: 4 Oct 2002 7:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Isaac Harmon/Harman of Adair Co in early 1800's and later Green Co Ky.

Isaac Harmon Family Connections

E. H. Lepiarczyk (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2002 6:12PM GMT
Surnames: HARMON, PENDLETON
Rachel Pendleton Harmon, the wife of Isaac Harmon, is the sister of my ancestor, Mary Pendleton Harmon (Mrs. John Harmon). They are the daughters of John and Elizabeth Pendleton. Another of John and Elizabeth's daughters, Sarah Pendleton Harmon, was the wife of William Harmon. I am certain that Isaac, John, and William must have been closely related. They were among the earliest Harmons found in early 19th century Adair County, Kentucky records. The Harmon and Pendleton families first settled along the Green River in Adair County.
The John Pendleton family lived in Virginia before arriving in Adair County. Probably members of the Harmon family came from Virginia as well. I would like to learn the parentage of Isaac, John, and William Harmon. I would also like to communicate with descendants of John and Elizabeth Pendleton.

Re: Isaac Harmon Family Connections

Ruth Sharp (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2002 2:17AM GMT
Hi, I believe that we have been in contact before.My being a Curry decended from John Robert Curry son of William who married a Pendleton.. Before my mother Passed away we were in the Oakford, Illinois cemetery and came across a grave of William Harmon. he had lived in the little town where I was born an was very good friends with my family.I went back there the other day to check dates on his an his wife stones. as we knew he was from Ky. my mother an I wondered is he could have been related to the Harmon that married into the family. His Stone read William H. Harmon 1882- 1945 And his wifes read Elizbeth May Harmon 1886--1943. I am wondering if this is the Harmon family you are looking for or some part of that family., If any one has this man in their family tree I would love to hear from them.Or id you would like more information on them I can possibly go to the funeral home an get what they have. It was only the second funeral that I had ever been to as I was only about 4 years old but I sure can remember. By the way William Harmon went by the name of Will Harmon.and am sure he was from Adair Co. Ky. or close by.
Ruth

Harmon Family Genealogy

E. H. Lepiarczyk (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2002 6:00PM GMT
Surnames: HARMON
Since William H. Harmon hailed from the proximity of Adair County, Kentucky, it is indeed likely that he is related to my Harmon ancestral family. I would appreciate any information about him that the funeral home or death certificate might provide, particularly his parentage.

Re: Harmon Family Genealogy

Ruth Sharp (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2002 4:11AM GMT
I will try to find out everything I can this week, on Will Harmon. I do know that he had 1 son Earl that was a Pharmist in a drug store in Petersburg Illinois. He and hios wife had no children. He also had a daughter That I think name was Bulahl( SP.) Robinson, who ran a reasturant in the same town. there may have been other children but what with my being so young at the time of Will's death. It is hard to remember.My husband is having open heart surgery the 15th of this month in Missouri, so I will try my best to get this for you righ away.Hurley Funeral home in Petersburg Illinois is the one who had the services.In 1945 It would have gone by the name I think of Thompson, Harms and Hurley Funeral Home. but is now only called Hurleys.. Please do make a copy of this just in case I would not be able to get back to you. Petersburg, is the county seat of Menard Co. Illinois.
Ruth
per page

Find a board about a specific topic