Search for content in message boards

Phillips Family of North Carolina

Phillips Family of North Carolina

Posted: 17 Jan 2005 7:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jan 2005 6:53AM GMT
Surnames: Phillips
I am searching for any and all information of the Phillips family of Burke County, North Carolina. I currently have Joseph Phillips and wife Susan,born about 1798.They had a daughter Margaret b. 1840.

Re: Phillips Family of North Carolina

Posted: 16 Mar 2005 9:38PM GMT
Joseph Phillips and Susannah had several children. Elizabeth, Nancy, Sarah, Ellis, Daniel, Susan and Margaret.

Posted: 9 Aug 2005 3:05PM GMT
My name is Sherry Hi, My grandma is Gladys V Phillips her father was James Blaine Phillips his father Jesse A Phillips - Mary Ellen Greer, his father was Nathan Phillips - Martha M. Woodie is father Eli Payton Phillips - Nancy Matilda Viars his father was Payton Phillips( 5 Sept 1783 Ashe Co NC - May 1836 Wilkes Co NC ) - Martha Rebecca is his father was
Ezra Phillips ( 12 Nov 1762 Rowan co NC- 17 Apr 1836 Ashe Co NC ) - Hannah Randolph his father was John Phillips ( 7 june 1728 Prince George VA - Abt 1801 Rowan co NC ) - Ann Burden his father was Thomas Phillips ( 12 Oct 1684 Anne Arundel co Md - aft 22 Jun 1743 Craven Co NC) - Isabel Lanthorpe his father was John Phillips( Sept 13, 1665 North farnham VA 1701 North Farnham VA) - Elizabeth Tobias his father Henry Phillips ( 19 Jan 1631 Henrico Co Va - 1706 Frederick MD) - Martha Whipple... For more infor look at Picton castle in Wales where this family came from you may find it of interest and Jesses wife mary Ellen Greer is aka MacGregors of Scotland there is alot of interesting characters in this family Sherry

S.Grange (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2006 3:24AM GMT
How do these people relate to Joseph Phillips and wife Susan?

Posted: 19 Jan 2006 11:34AM GMT
I do not know , but I will try and look for you.. My line was as posted... My email addy is Sammieplayed@aol.com, you may email me at that addy just enter in the subject line RE: Phillips family and I will attempt to see who Joesph is ... TY Sherry

Posted: 16 May 2006 9:51PM GMT
Hi, Sherry,

It looks like you may have picked up some bad information from a professional genealogist named Richard Ripley. Mr. Ripley's stock in trade is to tie every Phillips in the New World back to the Picton Castle Phillips of Wales. I have contacted the Picton Castle Trust and obtained a booklet of the Phillips descendants. The family is unaware of any Phillips who ever migrated to the New World and none are listed in the booklet.

I believe your chain back to John Phillips who died in Rowan County NC is probably correct. However, this John Phillips was almost certainly not the son of Thomas and Isabel Phillips of Craven County NC. John Phillips left a will naming all of his children, including one named Gabriel. Gabriel fought in the Revolution and he filed a pension request which stated that he was born in Loudoun County VA in 1759. This is good evidence that this Phillips family came from Loudoun County VA, not Craven County NC.

To my knowledge, no one has been able to establish the father of John Phillips who died in Rowan County in 1801 with any certainty, but we are working on it. A descendant of Gabriel Phillips has joined the Phillips Worldwide DNA project, and we are hoping that his DNA will eventually solve the riddle for us.

Sincerely,
Nancy Kiser

sherry Gray (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2006 11:17AM GMT
I appreciate the information and will add your letter to my Phillips file. I will check out the VA information as I live in VA .. My grandmom is one of the only survivng Phillips left from James Blaine Phillips ( Blaine ) and her mother Dartha Coffey ~ my grandmother is 87 this yr and her sister just passed away last wk at the age of 90... Thanks again for the updated information ,,, Sherry Gray

Nancy Kiser (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2006 2:37PM GMT
You are welcome, Sherry. It's too bad that your grandmother is the only living descendant of James Blaine Phillips. Do you know any distant male Phillips cousins? I would love to get more participants from this Phillips family into the DNA project.

Posted: 22 Nov 2009 4:23AM GMT
Yvonne is the living daughter of Mable Lucille Phillips Harvey. Will you send me what information you have on Mable and or George Harvey. I have the dates for their marriage,death and the children. Send it to rheld7297@charter.net Thanks Roberta
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions