Search for content in message boards

Any Littlely's Out There?

Any Littlely's Out There?

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2001 10:45PM GMT
Im looking for any Littlely's out there to help me finish off my family history.
take care
Christine Littlely

Littlely name

Bryan Littlely (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 5:55AM GMT
In response to Christine Littlely
The Littlely name is alive an strong in SA - most of living near the South Coast town of Victor Harbor. Littlelys have operated a dairy farm there for more than 80 years.
Littlely name was also strong on Kangaroo Island.
I have moved away from the farm at Back Valley and now live in the Barossa Valley wine region. I work as a journalist with the Adelaide Advertiser.
Of interest might by the fact the Littlely family once bred horses for the Indiam Army on a small island about 50km off of Port Lincoln on the southern tip of Eyre Peninsula.
I guess you will already know much of this information, if it helps, I'm glad
Cheers,
Bryan Littlely

Re: Littlely name

Posted: 5 Jul 2003 7:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Nov 2004 1:40AM GMT
My ancestors came from Ottery St Mary. There were also LITTLEYs living in nearby Colyton. They all spread out all over the place. It appears that my branch of the family originated in Uffculme Devon.

I believe that it is possible that the Kangaroo Island (hence WA and SA) LITTLEY / LITTLELY families also came from Uffculme Devon - though some believe them to have come from Cornwall.

Jeanice Levez once mentioned to me that an ancestor of the Captain John LITTLELY who landed at Kangaroo Island had fought at the Battle of Trafalgar. I was recently looking at the site named "The Age of Nelson" which is at: www.unepassion.be
Whilst there, I found a LITTLEY Humphry Able Bodied Seaman Uffcombe, Devon who was one of the men who were at the Battle of Trafalgar. Perhaps this is the person. If so, then we are related because my LITTLEY family (or LUTLEY as they were originally called) came from Uffculme in Devonshire.

If you can provide me with some more information, I might be able to give you your family tree. I have been studying the Devon LITTLEY family for some time and have quite a large database of records for them till about 1901.

You can also visit the Littley forum at http://genforum.genealogy.com/littley/

Re: Littlely name

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 10:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Sep 2013 9:38AM GMT
Surnames: Littlely
Hello there,
My name is Cameron Mart and I am the Great, Great, Great grandson of Beatrice Littlely b. 1878-1971.
I know almost nothing about the family and am wondering if you could tell me some infomation on the family.
Hope to hear from you soon.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions