Search for content in message boards

If your Greer DNA haplogroup is "I1" and any other letter, Contact Me!!!

If your Greer DNA haplogroup is "I1" and any other letter, Contact Me!!!

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 7:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Greer
I'm the Coordinator of GREER FAMILY RESEARCH of the CAROLINAS. If your group of Greers have done DNA testing and the results fell into haplotype I1, I1a, etc. PLEASE contact me at bnk091182@yahoo.com and be SURE TO PUT THE GREER NAME IN THE SUBJECT LINE so I don't accidentally delete. We're special, different from all other known Greer groups! Contact me for explanation & material. Thanks!
Karen Greer Howell

Re: If your Greer DNA haplogroup is "I1" and any other letter, Contact Me!!!

Posted: 2 May 2009 3:34PM GMT
I have met some of the Carolina Greers & they are decended from James Greer(the immigrant). Who are you decended from?

Posted: 2 May 2009 6:27PM GMT
Thomas Greer (immigrant) married Susannah (thought to be 'Whiteside')is my earliest ancestor. When you refer to James Greer, what year was he born? Where did he live? There are two Carolina Greer Groups. One group decended from the Greers of Gunpowder River, MD, and the other is my group. They originally settled in Fayetteville, arriving through a port in Wilmington about 1740-1746. There is also a group of Greers of Mecklenburg County, NC, descended from James Greer b. 1710. Which James do you refer to?

Posted: 3 May 2009 2:17AM GMT
My ancestor is James Greer (1627 -1688) m. Ann Taylor of Gunpowder River MD. The other Greers I met are also from that line. I did not find a Thomas & Suzanne in the line I have traced back to about 500 BD. I have tried in include all of the Grierson from that line though. James is the son of SIR JAMES GRIER(SON) (c1604- 1666) m . Mary Browne Born Abt. 1604 in Capenoch, Dumfrieshire, Scotland. Do you know who Thomas is decended from?

Posted: 3 May 2009 9:54AM GMT
Surnames: GREER
GAYLE ,THIS IS KAREN GREER- BOUNDS --WHAT DO I DO TO GET THE DNA AND WHAT DOES IT COST .I WILL TAKE THE TEST.YOU HAVE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS.

Posted: 3 May 2009 9:59PM GMT
Surnames: Greer/Grier
I have read the line of a James Greer but didn't find any connection to my line of Greer/Grier.
My earliest ancestor was Robert Grier (may have been Greer but was changed in a land deal which I know nothing about)
Their first location was in Lancaster or York counties PA.
Then were in Mecklenburg Cty. Some went to GA and some returned to Mecklenburg Cty. Members of my line came to TX around 1900. Below is my Ancestry data.
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/g/r/e/Mel-M-Greer...

Posted: 8 May 2009 10:18PM GMT
what DNA group?

Posted: 14 May 2009 3:24PM GMT
Surnames: Greer/Grier
Hi,
My family is from James Greer/Grier, Antrim, Ireland. My brother David was one of the first DNA participants in this group. I think it is so interesting to have the Viking connection.

Would you like to share your line?

Posted: 15 May 2009 8:31PM GMT
Surnames: Greer, Grier
I want to help you make a connection. I need more info, so please, contact me at my private email address bnk091182@yahoo.com. I see some info that needs to be corrected, and might can help you.

Posted: 15 May 2009 8:35PM GMT
I would. Contact me. We'll swap info. Do you have David's lineage mapped out already? Would it be possible to see his DNA results? What's his kit number? is it Ancestry or FTDNA? The reason I ask is that David does not show up in my list of matches. If he is not an I1 haplogroup, there is not a Viking connection for him. Let me know. Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic