Search for content in message boards

LEEG, KEACH,PUGH, PEW

Re: LEEG, KEACH,PUGH, PEW

Terry Lanham (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Hello,
I noticed your querry because of the JANKOWSKI, I am searching for a brother and sister Irvine and Mary JANKOWSKI born in Fayette Co. KY. Then I read on about PUGH. My cousin is William PUGH in Henderson Co. His grandfather is William PUGH. I don't have much on his line, but I could talk with him if I knew what you were looking for.oking for.

LEEG, KEACH,PUGH, PEW

Posted: 20 Jan 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2001 9:47AM GMT

Looking for the maiden name of John Friedrich Wilhelm LEEG'S first wife. Her name was Caroline. John owned the first blacksmith shop in Owensboro, Ky. They had two children William and Caroline. Caroline married Wm. PUGH, PEW. John second wife was Catherine KEACH. Sometime about 1853 John and daugther Caroline moved to Henderson, Ky. His wife Caroline and son Wm. wasn't with them. Where did they go? In Henderson he married Catherine KEACH and had three more children-Mary H. Charles B. and Nancy Catherine.

Posted: 21 Jan 1998 12:00PM GMT

Thanks, I'm from Henderson and go home every year to see my brother who owns Niagara Lakes in Niagara, Henderson Co. Ky. My Greart grandfather own the first black smith shop in owensboro, he sold out in 1853 and moved to Henderson. When I come home I always use to try to come in Sep. so I could make the big bluegrass, IMBA in Owensboro, but now they moved it to Lewisville it a little harder for me. I live in Ca.

Hi Nancy,
Yes there are several JANKOWSKI living in KY, I recently talked with one that commented that all the poor polocks lived in KY and the rich ones up north :-)

I don't have information on the Pugh's with me, since it's rally not my line, but in about a week I will be going into Henderson and with check this out.

Terry

Hi Terry, My Jankowski line are all from Minn. and Wis. Don't know of any in Ky. Didn't know Polocks lived in Ky. I'm am looking for the wife of Wm. a PUGH, Caroline LEEG'S mothers maiden name. All I know is she was married to J.F.W. LEEG. Also the brother of Caroline LEEG, his name was Wm. LEEG.

Posted: 22 Jan 1998 12:00PM GMT

Hi Nancy,
I just moved off from Henderson to get married, I'm still only 3 hrs. away. My family is in Henderson and my ancestor roots in Daviess Co., so I make several trips a month, just let me know if you need anything else looked up.
Terry

Willie Ralph Pugh

Byron Pugh (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pugh
Willie Ralph Pugh married Francis Lanham. They have 2 sons
Billy Pugh,Henderson County and Bobby Pugh, Davis County
Willie Ralph has 3 son by previous marrage, Byron Pugh and
Kenneth Dean Pugh and Willie Ralph Pugh Jr.
I don't know if this links to your Pugh's or not. If i can
help you please contact me. My e-mail address is
pugh@apex.net

Keach of Daviess County

Judy Cossey (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Keach, Booker
On the l920 Daviess County Census I found my grandfather-James Keach, his wife Beulah Booker Keach, and 3 of their eventual 4 children. Eva Ernestine was 6, James R. was 3 and my mother Margaret Booker Keach was l year old. I have been unable to find a starting point in researching this family. I know that James Keach's father ws Robert and his mother was Ada. Robert died in Feb l9l7 and Ada in l928. James had a brother Lee, twin brother/sister named Lem and Fannie, and a Harvey. Does this match any family you have? Thank you.

Re: Keach of Daviess County

Posted: 26 Aug 2001 12:56PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2002 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Keach Keech
Judy,
Hi, I was recently going thru the list and seen your query.
My fathers name was Lee Junior Keach, his father was Lee Andrew Keach, his father was Robert Andrew, his father was Ovid James, his father was Ovid(from MD) his father was James Keech from MD, but before that he came from England. This is indeed a fun family to trace. If there is any specific question you have feel free to e-mail me at my Moms'
address.
Kathy Keach
mamie@sigecom.net

Re: Keach of Daviess County

Posted: 26 Aug 2001 9:59PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2002 3:18PM GMT
Judy just a quick note I should have said he, James Keech was possibly from England. I have not as yet proved it to be so. Just alot of assumption. I found a book at Williard Library
here in Evansville,IN that said the name Keach/Keech was of Bristol England origin. Also found records of Keach/Keech passenger and immigration list that has a Richard and Christain Keech on it. They were from England. I've not been able to firmly prove or disprove info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions