Search for content in message boards

LaCourt, LeBeau, Distash Families

LaCourt, LeBeau, Distash Families

Lois Lovisolo (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Distash, LeBeau, LaCourt
We are looking for a Joseph LeBeau, Lewis Distash or Matilda LaCourt (daughter of Prosper LaCourt of Belgium) We are going to the American Library Conference in Chicago and will be visiting Oconto and Marinette - particularly the Forest Cemetery in Marinette.

Joseph Lebeau

Posted: 28 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2005 11:59PM GMT
Surnames: Lebeau
I have a Joseph Lebeau born in neighboring Menominee County. I don't have the date offhand, but late 1800's. He was married to a woman named Edwilda, last name unknown. Let me know if this sounds like the right one.

Pete.

Marinette

Lois Lovisolo (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LaCourt, Distash, LeBeau
Looking for information on the Prosper LaCourt family in Dunbar.

Re: LaCourt, LeBeau, Distash Families

Russ LaCourt (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2003 3:37AM GMT
Hi My name is Russell, my father is Dennis Grandfather was Russell he had brothers Wesly, Ellis, Earol they farmed in Oconto and Clintonville I heard that we came from Grez, France. and the name Etienne was used in out family way back. Do you have any info about my family?

Lacourt (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2005 10:40AM GMT
Russ,

Grez is in Belgium not in France. (Grez-Doiceau exactly)

Visit my web site : www.lacourt.be (under contruction)

5th first generation are completed, but the "American's branch" not yet.
The first Lacourt, leave belgium in 1855 to Wisconsin.

Thierry

Posted: 13 May 2009 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: LaCourt (Lacore), Belleau (Bolois) (Bellow), Exford,
Hi my name is Kathy.

My great grandmother was Mary E LaCourt(10 May 1853 - 29 Aug 1934).
Her father was Joseph Lacourt (Lacore)Sr(1832 -1892)he arrived in the US in 1855 from Grez Belgium.
He live in Green Bay, WI with his parents and one baby, then moved to Kewaunee, WI then Oconto, WI.

My great grandmother, Mary, wed Joseph Belleau Bolois)(Bellow) in 1876.
Then she married my great grandfather Michael Exford Sr in 1889 in Oconto, WI USA.

If anyone is related in some way and has information I would appreciate your assistance.

Thank you

Posted: 14 May 2009 2:10PM GMT
My mother's family was also from Grez. I have to go back and look at my records but don't have time right now. I will get back to you.

My grandmother: Matilda LaCourt - LeBeau - Distash - Lesperance. She was married three times. Can't remember her father and mother's name right now. She was born in l872. Will try to look it up. They lived in Wisconsin and then moved to South Dakota.

Posted: 17 May 2009 5:43PM GMT
Hello Kathy,

Jean (John !) Joseph Lacourt
Born : Grez 01.27.1832
Died : Little River 01.13.1892

Married : Grez 02.02.1853 to Mary Elisabeth PENSIS (born : Grez 08.20.1831 - Died : Little River ? 1910)

11 childrens : Mary Isabel Flore was the first (Grez 12 May 1853 - Stiles 29 August 1933)

Her brothers ans sisters are :
2nd Mary Isabel Rosalie
3rd Albert
4th Josephine
5 Henri
6 Sopha
7 Lucy
8 Julia
9 Louise
10 Joseph
11 Arthur

Thierry

Posted: 19 May 2009 1:38AM GMT
Surnames: LaCourt
Hi Thierry

Thanks for the information. By the way, how are you related to Joseph LaCourt? I have old newspaper clipping that tell me--Lucy LaCourt married Edward "Edwin" Matravers; and Julia LaCourt married H.F. Ohswaldt.

Do you know who married Carl McMiler and Reuben Kottke??

I also have obituary clippings for Joseph Sr; Joseph Jr; Mary E Lacourt (Pensis); and one for a 1941 family reunion in Little River. I have attached them to our tree on Ancestry.

I'm trying to fill in the missing pieces.

If there is anything I can help you with please let me know.

Thanks again.
Kathy

Posted: 19 May 2009 12:04PM GMT
Surnames: Destache/Disteche/Desteche
Can you tell me a bit about your Distash family? I have a pretty good history on Destache/Disteche/Desteche (pronounced Dis-dash)... Belgian immigrants settling in Brown, Kewaunee & Oconto Co.
Judith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions