Search for content in message boards

CHINN family, eastern Kentucky and Illinois

CHINN family, eastern Kentucky and Illinois

Posted: 23 Aug 2001 2:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Oct 2005 3:15PM GMT
Surnames: Chinn, Millard
I am trying to gather information on my mothers family. The information I can provide is as follows:
My mothers maiden name was Chinn. Her parents where Irwin Chinn and Leona Millard, Irwins' parents where Ed and Annie (don't know here maiden name) In addition to Irwin, there where four other children, Eddie, Violet, Ethel, Mable and Ruby. From what information I can get from my mom, Ruby died at an early age. Birthdates are unknown. The family lived in the Cumberland Mountain Territory of Eastern Kentucky. Both Mable and Violet where married, there spouses respectively where Will and Trall. Mable and Will had at least on Child, named Eloise and I believe the family lived in southern Illinois. Any Information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Randy Heft

Re: CHINN family, eastern Kentucky and Illinois

Posted: 11 Apr 2002 1:55AM GMT
I Belive my Grandfather is your Uncle, Ervin Chinn Jr. I think you have the spelling wrong it would be Ervin not Irwin. He's parents were Ervin and Leona Chinn. Ervin's parents were Ed and Annie (maiden name Smith) So would your mom be my great aunt? Also do you know who Nannie Millard is? I know she married Ervin Chinn Sr. Is Leona and Nannie the same person? I hoped I helped.

Mary Nell Padron (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2002 6:23PM GMT
My grandparents were Ed Chinn and Annie Smith. Lets see what our connection is.

Posted: 16 Jun 2002 4:06PM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2005 3:15PM GMT
Mary, my mother is Imojean Chinn. She was born on May 17, 1914 in Pike County, Kentucky. She is the daughter of Ervin Chinn and Nannie Leona Millard. The family moved to Herrin, Illinois when my mother was very young. Mom had a brother Ervin Chinn Jr, and two sisters, Drucillia and Jennet. Moms grandparents were also Ed Chinn and Annie Smith.
I also have an older sister, Judy who was born in Herrin. My mothers first husband and Judys father was Wayne Reynolds. Please contact me at : r.heft@attbi.com.
Thanks, Randy Heft

Posted: 8 Mar 2014 11:46PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic