Search for content in message boards

Horgan Family from Maglass, County Kerry, Ireland 1860s

Horgan Family from Maglass, County Kerry, Ireland 1860s

Posted: 16 Jun 2011 11:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jul 2011 5:44AM GMT
Surnames: Horgan, Dalton, Dossett, Gallagher, Cahill, Connor, Breen
Hello well i'm looking for Thaddeus and Daniel Horgan b 1869 known as Timothy. Castleisland, Co. Kerry who had siblings who were Mary 1864 - 1894 married Michael Dalton from Tipperaray. Kate 1866 - 1934 married Henry Dossett From NZ. Norah 1868 - 1932 married also Michael Dalton and Bridget 1869 - 1923 married Charles Gallager. Immigrated to New Zealand in 1875 Thaddeus and Daniel (Timothy) Immigrated to the U.S.A. Parents were Daniel Horgan & Bridget Cahill or Connor. Daniel Horgan died in Kerry so Bridget Horgan remarried to John Breen from Co. Kerry in 1872 in Clogher had i child Michael Breen b 1873 Castleisland, Co. Kerry died as infant 1874/75 on the Rakaia Where they immigrated to NZ 1875. Bridget Breen b abt 1844 Co. Kerry d 1899, Timaru, NZ. John Breen b abt 1845 d unknown i want to know where in the U.S.A they settled i belive one of the boys went back to Ireland how can i find out

Re: Horgan Family from Maglass, County Kerry, Ireland

Posted: 29 Jun 2011 2:53AM GMT
You could look through shipping records, try Ellis Is. NY
as they have passengers going in both directions to and from Ireland.

1869 are Civil Records and copies of anything after 1864 can be obtained from the General Registry Office, Dublin
www.groireland.ie

Kerry does not belong to an organization/foundation of irish genealogy offices, so luckily the records you are looking for are after 1864.

I think there maybe two different Daniel Horgan's one with a wife Bridget Connor and and the other Bridget Cahil.

www.familysearch.org has civil records from Kerry

Bridget Horgan born 24 Oct. 1869 #621 Castleisland, Kerry
#101199 Daniel Horgan/Bridget Connor

Honora Horgan born 14 May 1868 #824 Castleisland
Daniel Hogan/Bridget Cahill #101169

the same record are on a CD I have from the LDS. The only possibility is that the person who did the transcribing copied the wrong wife's surname.

I didn't understand Thaddeus and Daniel Horgan know as Timothy. Is Timothy a surname? or a place

Many Kate and Mary's and father Daniel - wrong wife.

www.censusfinder.com United Kingdom+Ireland+County
www.igp-web.com + county (various records)

Annette Code

Posted: 29 Jun 2011 3:12AM GMT
The online telephone directory for kerry has 33 Horgan's 3 of which are in Castleisland, 14 Cahill, 3 in Castleisland and 11 Connor in Kerry. Might be worth six stamps to those in Castleisland.

Maglass is townland in two Parish's Nohaval and Ballymacelligott, in the Union of Tralee.
Castleisland is also a Parish.

Annette

Posted: 29 Jun 2011 6:56AM GMT
Thank You Annette
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions