Search for content in message boards

tom and carrie larson

tom and carrie larson

Anna (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2004 2:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on a Tom and Carrie (Johnson) Larson. Tom Larson (b. 1828 or 1831) was supposed to be from Hagefos, Norway. Carrie (b. 1835) might have been born in either Norway or in Illinois. They had 7 children named Tone (Tena) (Hokel), Sam T., Lewis, Osmund, Amos, Lena (Erickson), and Charley or Carl Larson. Tom's parents Names are unknown. Carrie's father is to be Osmund Johnson also from Hagefos, Norway. Came to Illinois and later to Huxley or Slater Iowa.
Any help would be appreciated.

Osmund Johnson married to Thone Cleveland. They had John O. and Carrie. John O. born Oct 8, 1840, died Dec 8, 1911 married Sept 26, 1863 to Martha J. Weeks.

Thomas Larson (Thom) (Amundson) born Sept 19, 1828 in Norway, died March 15, 1881 at the age of 52 in his 25th year in Iowa. Married Carrie Osmundson (Karie) (Carrie Hagefass, Hufguss, Hugfoss) (Johnson) born in Kragero, died Sept 10, 1902.

Tom and Carrie had Tone, Lewis, Lena, Sam T., Amos P., Osmund, Charlie T., Carl J., and twins Julia and Martha who died young.

This is all I have on Tom Larson. Looking for his parents information. Thanks

Re: tom and carrie larson

Posted: 28 Mar 2004 9:12AM GMT
Hagfoss, Kleiv (=Kleven) and Tørdal are farm names in Drangedal parish, Telemark county:

From Familysearch:

KARI JOHANNE
Christening: 14 SEP 1834 Tørdal, Telemark (probably died)
Father: OSMUND JOHANNESEN Mother: TONE BRYNULFSDR

KARI JOHANNE (=Carrie)
Christening: 03 JAN 1836 Tørdal, Telemark,
Father: AASMUND JOHANNESEN Mother: TODNE BRYNULFSDR

AASMUND JOHANNESEN
Father: JOHANNES HAGEFOS
Spouse: TODNE BRYNULFSDR
Marriage: 19 JAN 1834 Tørdal, Telemark
Husband Age at Marriage: 24
Wife Age at Marriage: 31

OSMUND
Christening: 16 APR 1809 Drangedal, Telemark
Father: JOHANNES OSMUNDSEN Mother: KARI PAULSEN

JOHANNES OSMUNDSEN Spouse: KARI PAULSDR
Marriage: 24 JUN 1799 Drangedal, Telemark, Norway

1801 census: http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbas...

Two possible Tone Brynildsdatter:

THONE
Christening: 11 APR 1802 Drangedal, Telemark,
Father: BRYNNUL TERKILDSEN Mother: THONE JORGENSDR

TONE
Christening: 02 FEB 1703 Drangedal, Telemark,
Father: BRYNULF TVEDT

The first one is from Kleven: http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbas...
Attachments:

Taryn (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2004 11:45PM GMT
Hi, you had wonderful information about your ancestors, and Harold did a fantastic job of pinpointing more for you.

Drangedal municipality has a published "Bygdebok" - a farm and family history book which will tell about your ancestors.

There are online lookups volunteers who are willing to do some limited lookups in the books, which they own.

At this website, after it loads, scroll down a bit, click on Telemark, and that will scroll you down automatically to the Telemark section of the page. There you will find three lookups volunteers with the Drangedal Bygdeboks.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~wgnorway/lookups.html

Here is also another page showing lookups volunteers who own Bygdeboks for different municipalities in Norway.
Three (perhaps the same three) are also named for Drangedal and Tordal.

http://members.tdn.com/dagwood/lookups.html

Good luck! Using the Bygdebok, depending on the information, you may even be able to follow the path to relatives still living in that area today. If you can get their names from the Bygdebok (which also may be available to you through an interlibrary loan or at a nearby university collection) and their birthdates, it is possible to find them on the white pages for Norway (address and telephone), and verify using the online Tax lists for Norway.

Taryn

Posted: 3 Jun 2005 3:29AM GMT
I was wondering if you found any more infor on Tom and Carrie larson? My great grandfather was Amos Larson. Any information you have would be most helpful.
Penny Thiessen

Posted: 3 Apr 2014 4:10PM GMT

I would be interested to learn if you ever found out more about Thomas Larson.
I am at present doing some work that Connects With Caroline (Kari) Johnson and Thomas Larson.
I have been able to find information about Osmund Johansen and Thone Kleven and their Family, but I am at a loss as to who Thomas Larson might be.
What is Your Source for his birthdate of 19 sept 1828 in Hagefoss, Telemark ?
Regards
Hans Gangsto
Haugesund Norway
per page

Find a board about a specific topic