Search for content in message boards

Edward HERBERT/Fanny LOVER -parents of Victor the composer

Edward HERBERT/Fanny LOVER -parents of Victor the composer

Posted: 8 Sep 2002 2:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HERBERT, LOVER
Looking for ANY information regarding the family of Edward HERBERT. He is believed to be a brother of my ggrandfather. They lived at Ranelagh until Edward died shortly after Victor was born ca.1859.

Re: Edward HERBERT/Fanny LOVER -parents of Victor the composer

Posted: 21 Sep 2002 1:27PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 2 Feb 2013 9:34PM GMT

Annabelle Herbert (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2002 2:41PM GMT
Surnames: HERBERT
Hi Deborah, Until I learn who Edward's parents were, I can't know of any connection with your Sarah. It does seem likely that you are somehow related, since your Herbert Victor was probably named after the famous man... Regards, Annabelle

Andrea Litchfield (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2003 11:36PM GMT
Surnames: Herbert
Hello Annabelle, My great-great grandfather John Herbert, was Edward's brother. They were the sons of Alexander Herbert of Tumna Parish, Roscommon, Ireland.John settled in Quebec about 1860, first in Rawdon, then in Montreal.Eldest bro., Mason remained in Ireland. William seems to be the mystery brother-not in Canada with John, nor in Ireland with Mason. Does this make sense with your lines?Best regards, Andrea Litchfield

Posted: 21 Mar 2005 1:56AM GMT
Hi. I don't know where this fits, but my wife's great grandmother was a Jane Herbert, born in Rawdon, Quebec 1841/12/14. Her parents were an Alexander Herbert and Alice Powell. http://www.montreal.anglican.org/parish/rawdon/index.html has information re stained glass window in her memory. This thread has also mentioned the Roarke name. Two of her children married Roarkes, who were also early pioneers of Rawdon, Quebec.

Andrea Litchfield (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2005 1:43AM GMT
Surnames: Herbert, Mason
Hi Robert. Thanks for the info. on the Rawdon stained glass windows. I don't know how Alex Herbert and his family fit in with my lines yet either, but I do know Alex was born about 1815 in Ireland and his wife Alice (or Ann) Powell was born there about 1821. I have info on their other children taken from the Rawdon parish register which I searched. It seems that a group of interrelated families emigrated to Rawdon together. Did Jane Herbert marry George Mason? If this is your wife's line I have info. on them from the register too. All the best, Andrea

Posted: 24 Mar 2014 8:48PM GMT
Mason Herbert did not remain in Ireland, he immigrated to finally Lorain County Ohio USA. His daughter Catherine, my grgrgrandmother was married to Christian Parsch (Besch). I have information on Mason and his family if you are interested.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions