Search for content in message boards

Martin Walsh, Clifden, County Galway, Ireland 1878-1963

Martin Walsh, Clifden, County Galway, Ireland 1878-1963

Posted: 11 May 2002 5:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Connolly, Walsh
Searching for names of parents of Martin Walsh and his wife, Mary (Connolly) Walsh. The 1901 and 1911 Irish Census lists both as residing in Ballindoon Parish, Clifden, County Galway, Ireland. Their children are listed as Michael, Dudley, Patrick, Mary, John, and Stephen on the 1911 Census. Daughters, Bertha and Ellen were born post 1911. Michael, Dudley, and Mary all came the U.S. in the 1920's. The remaining brothers and sisters remained in Ireland/British Isles.

Replies from any links to this family would be deeply appreciated.

Re: Martin Walsh, Clifden, County Galway, Ireland 1878-1963

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2002 10:55PM GMT
I have a John Crisham who married a BRIDGET WALSH. I estimate their births to be around 1830. They had a son John b. 1866. I know the Crisham family lived in a town called Tygreenaun, Barnaderg in Galway but I have no info on Bridget's family. I don't know if this is of any help but I thought I'd pass the information along to you.

Good luck. Let me know if you come across a Bridget in your tree.

kathy foster (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2003 9:40PM GMT
Hello,

question - did John have a sister by the name of Honora? My gggrandmother was an Honora Clisham who married a Stephen Davis. They raised their children in Clifden. She eventually emigrated to the USA as a widow along with her children.

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 1:57AM GMT
I suspect my GGranffather was Martin R Davis of Clifden, who I believe was the son of Stephen Davis and Honora Clisham.

Rumor has it he traveled many times to the US and was even tracked to Chicago and MN, although I am just starting to see ties to Chicago part of the family. I hear my GGrandfather, Martin R Davis was from Tuam parish and that 2 of his kids married a brother & sister from the Mahon Family around 1900-1910ish
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions