Richard Dunn [Juniata County, PA]

Richard Dunn [Juniata County, PA]

Posted: 16 Feb 2002 5:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DUNN, WARNER
Looking for Descedants of Richard + Esther ; children were
John, William, Thomas, Joseph, Richard, James, SAMUEL,
and Alexander. All born late 1700's. Maybe came from
Philadelphia? Most lived in Fayette/Greenwood twps. of Juniata County, PA near McAlisterville.
jaw111jaw2001@yahoo.com

Re: Richard Dunn [Juniata County, PA]

Posted: 11 Mar 2003 1:38AM GMT
Hi, my g-g-grandfather is Richard Thomas Dunn and his obit from our paper in 1958 says he was born in Juanita PA to Issac S Dunn and Margaret (Wood) but spent most of his life here in Findlay Ohio. It also lists two brothers Samuel Dunn and Robert Dunn. It doesn't state if there are other siblings it just says these two are still alive as of 1958. Does this look like the same family line you are looking for. Richard's death certificate says his parents were born in McAlisterville PA.
Please let me know if we are on the same branch.
Judy H

Posted: 29 Mar 2004 4:52PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2005 9:09PM GMT
Surnames: DUNN,BURRIS
Hi Judy,
Just about all of the Dunn family in Juniata Co., PA are related. Most of these towns are small. My DUNN line married a BURRIS from the same area. I do have some DUNN info. I will check the cemetery info I have to see if an Isaac S. & Margaret are listed in any I have. Looking forward to hearing from you.

JUDY HUMPHREY (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2004 9:22PM GMT
Surnames: dunn
Barb,
Thanks for the response to the Dunn family inquiry. I look forward to hearing from you again and sharing any information I have with you.
Thanks again,
Judy

Posted: 18 May 2004 6:24PM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2004 5:31AM GMT
I just recently started searching for my Dunn relatives from Juniata County, PA. I have a William T. (either Taylor or Tillman) Dunn b: 1843 d: 1919 married to: Jane Preston Dunn. They had at least one child: William Wesley (my g-g grandfather) I believe that William T. Dunn is possibly related to your Richard, but I can't seem to find the connection yet. Do you have any information on any of these people or how they may be connected to your family tree? Any info would be great.

Posted: 18 Apr 2005 3:03AM GMT
Edited: 2 May 2005 1:47AM GMT
Well, I enter the discussion a little late, but I, too, am trying to sort out my Dunns. My g-g-g-grandmother was Hestor/Hetty Dunn, b. Jan. 1823. She had a brother, Richard, b. 1831. He was a Civil war vet and served with her future husband, John T. Smith. Must have thought a lot of Mr. Smith, since he brought him along home after the war and married him to his sister. :-) I digress.

As a side note--my wife's grandmother (she's 81) was raised by an uncle who was a grandson of ISAAC DUNN. So, yes, Isaac had at least one daughter, married to a page. If anyone out there is still interested in this, I can see what she knows about her adoptive father's grandparents.

Oh, and if anyone can tell me how Richard and Hestor fit in, I would be grateful.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions