Search for content in message boards

Early History and Residents of Jeffersontown

Early History and Residents of Jeffersontown

Posted: 28 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 1:41PM GMT
Surnames: Miley, Soverigns, Severns, Linn, Risley, Rizley
Can anyone advise books or publications available for purchase on the early history of Jeffersontown? My ancestor, Martin Miley, lived there from about 1795 until his death in 1801 and his descendants lived there for a few years until migrating to Pike County Indiana about 1806. Also interested in possible connection between my gggg grandfather, Daniel Bryant Soverigns and Hannah Soverigns who lived in that area prior to her marriage to Benjamin Linn in 1778. I hope that learning about other families in the area will give me some clues on my Miley and Soverigns ancestors. Thanks for any help.

Re: Early History and Residents of Jeffersontown

Posted: 9 Feb 2005 2:06AM GMT
There is a book on J-town. I bought one for my grandfather a couple of years ago. I can get you some more info. if you like.

Do you have any relation to BRYANTs, your Daniel had Bryant as a middle name.

Scott Bryant

Irene Brunet (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2005 4:19PM GMT
Hello Scott: Thanks for the response to my query. If you can tell me the name of the book on Jeffersontown and where you purchased it, I would appreciate it. I can't think of anything specific I could ask you to look up for me, but I do appreciate the offer of getting more info. Don't know if my gggg grandfather Daniel Bryant Sovereigns was related to Bryants or named in honor of someone. I have tried, without success, to find a Bryant connection. His children were named Patience, Archibald, Silas, Elizabeth, Nancy and George W. I can connect some of those names to the Risleys, his in-laws, but Patience, Nancy and Archibald are not names in that line. Do you perhaps have a Patience, Archibald, or Nancy in your Bryant line? Didn't a Bryant marry into the Daniel Boone family? Thanks. Irene

m j hayden (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2005 2:48PM GMT
hi, could you possibly post name and info on j-town book?
my LEATHERMAN family were all from j-town before they moved to louisville. thanks

Scott Bryant (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2005 1:14AM GMT
Surnames: Leatherman
Jeffersontown, Kentucky: The First 100 Years
A Pictorial History of Jeffersontown, Kentucky and Surrounding Community (1997)

Obviously this is a pictorial book with small captions. There is a photo of the George Leatherman House and the John Leatherman House + mention of a Joseph Leatherman and Rosa L. Leatherman.

There is a new book about to be released on J-town. Go to Amazon.com and search "jeffersontown"

Scott Bryant (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2005 1:20AM GMT
Jeffersontown, Kentucky: The First 100 Years
A Pictorial History of Jeffersontown, Kentucky and Surrounding Community (1997)

Obviously this is a pictorial book with small captions. Available at any local bookstore and library.

There is a new book about to be released on J-town. Go to Amazon.com and search "jeffersontown"

m j hayden (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2005 2:31PM GMT
thank you for the info
i have been to the john leatherman house
he is who we think is our family
appreciate reply
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions