>
> Thanks, Chris
>

Bowman / Hoover query

Posted: 22 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Aug 2001 10:10PM GMT
Surnames: BOWMAN, HOOVER
Chris, just saw you posting on the Wayne County, Indiana boards. I have information on the Hoover portion of your ancestors; in fact your family is in my file. I will email you, but if it doesn't get thru, hopefully you will see this message. I live fairly close to Richmond, I might be able to help with some more.
Ruth

Re: Hoover query

Joan Sickles (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2002 4:58AM GMT
Surnames: Hoover, Davisson
I am a Davisson researcher and I am interested in learning more about the following family (their ancestors and descendants). I believe that William P. Davisson is the son of Ira Davisson of West River Twp, Randolph, IN. Any information would be appreciated.

1900 New Garden Twp Dist 152 page 48A SD 6, ED 52, sheet 5
113 116 Hoover Henry head WM Oct 1874 25 M b IN parents b IN
Grace R wife WF Oct 1876 23 Married 1 year 1 ch 1 living b IN parents b IN
William P son WM Nov 1899 6/12 single b IN parents b IN
Davidson William P grandfather WM March 1833 67 M 46 years b IN fb NC mb NJ
Davidson Mary grandmother WF Jan 1834 66 married 46 years 4 ch 2 living b IN fb VA mb SC

Re: Bowman/Hoover

Christine Johns (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2002 6:37AM GMT
I just reread my message of what seems like so long ago and realize how much I have learned since then. First of all, regardless of what my grandmother believed and wrote down for posterity, my Benjamin Bowman ancester did not apparently come to America in 1775. He was born in 1785 and his father was already living in America, either in Frederick Co, MD or Bedford Co, PA. Benjamin's father was John Bowman. John and Benjamin migrated through Washington Co, PA and Montgomery Co, OH before coming into Wayne Co, IN. Benjamin, Jr was born in Montgomery Co, OH joined them with his wife. My branch seemed to stay in IN. They were found in Wayne, Henry and Huntington Cos mostly. My Hoovers could be found in Bedford Co, PA also which then became Huntingdon Co PA, before they also migrated to IN. Both families were probably moving with other German Reformed/ German Baptist/ Church of the Brethren and their like. I appreciated all who have responded to my original querry.

Re: Bowman / Hoover query

Posted: 10 Apr 2002 12:50AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2002 5:44AM GMT
Just saw your message and was wondering if you have a Sarah Ellen Hoover listed in your family file. She married Alva Barnes Sine May 31, 1877.
Any info. would be a great deal of help.
Thanks,
Laura

Posted: 25 Feb 2003 3:04AM GMT
My name is Jean, I think we are from the same family. Benjamine Bowman 1811 MOntgomery Co., Oh. m Belinda Hyre. Do you have these names? and His father was John m Mary Neff. Please contact me.
Jean
tjsn@cqc.om

Posted: 10 Mar 2003 1:14AM GMT
Surnames: BOWMAN
Sorry I am so late in answering your posting. My Benjamin Bowman, Sr was m. to Elizabeth Shideler in Washington Co, PA, and much later to Hannah Ulrich Studebaker(her second marriage). His father was John m. twice. First to Elizabeth, maiden name unknown, and second to Esther, maiden name unknown. Benjamin and his father moved to Montgomery Co, OH where Benjamin, Jr was born in 1808. Then all three moved into Indiana, Wayne Co at first. John died in Wayne; Benjamin,Sr in Delaware Co, where he moved and married his second wife. Benjamin, Jr m. Mary M. Bell in WAyne Co, IN and he also died there, though I found him on one census in Henry Co. It does not sound as if your John and Benjamin and mine are different. cbj

Jean (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2003 4:16PM GMT
We are of the same family. Your Benjamin who married Elizabeth Shideler had a brother John. John married Mary Neff. They have 7 children 5 died 2 survived are John and Benjamin. I would like to exchange info if you are willing.
The other siblings to your Benjamin are: Susannah, Mary, David, Jacob, & Esther. Thats 7 children in all. Please contact me.
Jean
tjsn@cqc.com

Posted: 16 Mar 2003 9:54PM GMT
Surnames: Bowman, Hoover
Thanks for the reply. I will contact you privately to see if there is anything I can share with you. I have children of John Bowman,Sr. and Elizabeth Unknown as John Jr, Susannah, Mary, David Sr, Catharine, Jacob and Elizabeth. The children of John Sr and Esther as Benjamin, Sr and Esther. That is nine altogether, but you may have more.

Posted: 1 May 2005 8:06AM GMT
Surnames: Bell/Dougherty/Murphy
I am looking for info on a Josiah Bell born PA 1810 that married Emily Dougherty in 1837 in Wayne Co.,IN.
By 1860 they are in Henry Co.,IN, Newcastle. Emily died there in Aug of 1860 and I am assuming Josiah did also. They had a daughter , Catherine E."Kate" born 1840/41 who married ? Murphy. This info of her married name is in Catherine's grandfather's will in Wayne Co..
Any help ?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic