Search for content in message boards

nora ramsey

nora ramsey

Posted: 16 Sep 2003 6:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ramsey, knowles
looking for info .on my grandmother nora ramsey and mother of louella knowles, nora was married to james knowles from england, she died around age 32 between the years 1910 to1920 in osage city,ks, aned buried there. louella may have gone by the last name of lewis.

Re: nora ramsey

Posted: 26 Apr 2004 1:44AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2005 5:47PM GMT
Hi Janice,
I have a little bit of information on Nora Ann Ramsy, but I have a lot more information on James Samuel Knowles her husband. My line goes from my father to Jesse Columbus Knowles to James Samuel Knowles. My grandfather Jesse was one of the sons from James's first marriage. He married Nor in 1904 after his first wife Elizabeth died. Nora Ann Ramsey was born in 1884 and died January 12, 1918 in Osage Kansas and is buried in Osaage City Cemetery. They had nine children Alvin Edward Knowles born 1904 and he married Rosa Taylor in 1928 in Belmont, Woodson County, Kansas., Bertha M Knowles born 1905, Anna Belle Knowles born 1906, Lewella or Louella I'm not sure which,born 1907, Bessie L Knowles born 1909, William Knowles born about 1911, Lillian Knowles, and I'm not sure when she was born, Irene Knowles born 1914, and Deloss(not sure of spelling,but he was called L D) born 1916.

Irene and Deloss went to live with Nora's brother John G Ramsey, and Edward with to live with her brother Fred Ramsey, and Bessie L went to live with Nora's sister in Wichita, the Needels family.

You may have a lot of this information, but I have some additional information if you want it. I am researching of my Knowles line and hence the Ramsey family as well. I would be very interested in any and all information you might have.

Hope to hear from you,

Roger

Posted: 16 Sep 2007 9:39PM GMT
Richard,

It has been 3 years since you received a question on your Ramsey but I'm trying to locate living Ramsey form one of the male siblings of Nora Ann Ramsey. Can you direct me this Ramsey family?

John

Posted: 18 Sep 2007 10:01AM GMT
Hi John,
Nora Ramsey was the second marriage of my g grandfather James Samuel Knowles. My line comes from his first marrriage to Elizabeth Gillum. I do have contact with one of the grandsons from the marriage of James Samuel Knowles and Nora Ramsey, and his name is Ron Knowles, and his E mail address is rknowles703@comcast.net.

Hope this helps,

Roger E Knowles
9214@airmail.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic