Search for content in message boards

Harper

Samuel Harper

Posted: 15 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 May 2002 2:52AM GMT
Surnames: Harper, Sanders, Blackman, Woodruff
I am looking for any parental info on Felix Harper (born Jefferson Co., WVA) married to Alsie Delona Sanders on 9/4/1898 in Yalobusha County, Miss. There were five children: Annie,Scopelin, Sterling, Ulyses Grant and Stella Victoria b.5/16/1902.

The Yalobusha county marriage index shows the marriage of Felix HARPER to D. A. SANDERS on September 04, 1898, with J. S. DAVIS officiating and E. M. SANDERS as signatory to the marriage (Book B-334 in Water Valley court house).

There is also a listing for James N. HARPER who married Margaret R. COX on 10 Feb 1874, Rev. George P. RICHARDSON officiating and George H. LESTER as Bondsman (Book E-331). Seeing how there are 24 years between the two marriages, would you consider it possible that James and Margaret HARPER might be the parents of Felix HARPER? And there is another marriage between T. W. HARPER and Mary E. TYNER on 13 Feb 1867, H. TRIBBLE, JP officiating and Thomas B. VANHOOZER Bondsman. There are 31 years between T. W. and Felix. Another possible set of parents ... or an uncle and aunt... or not.

In the 1850 census, there is the following family which might interest you:
Family #22, south of the Yalobusha River.

Samuel HARPER 75 M Farmer NC
Benjamine 21 M NC
Samuel 10 M TN
Higdon R. 46 M NC

If any of this info sounds familiar please let me know

Harper

Mary B. Feagans Stinnett (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Samuel Harper
I am seeking information on Samuel Harper, born ca 1755. According to family tradition he was related to the Harpers of Harper's Ferry. He married Ann Brawford and lived in Rockbridge County after his marriage.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic